Facilities Maintenance Technology - Associate DegreeSan Jose City College
Facilities Maintenance Technology - Associate Degree
All available course dates
Facilities Maintenance Technology
San Jose City College offers a certificate and an Associate in Science (AS) in Facilities Maintenance Technology. The Facilities Maintenance Technology Program will provide students with the skills to begin or advance in a career in facilities maintenance. It was designed by the advisory committee to meet industry requirements. Students will learn the skills and concepts necessary to install, operate, maintain and repair control, piping, and mechanical systems in large commercial, medical, institutional, and industrial buildings. Students will also learn trouble shooting skills, problem solving methods and electrical concepts. Continuous improvement techniques and effective written, verbal, and electronic communication skills will be stressed across the curriculum. Classes are designed in lecture and lecture/lab format to give students a solid foundation in general maintenance skills including HVAC/R. A grade of "C" or better is required for all major and certificate courses.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Air Conditioning Principles
- Refrigeration Principles
- Intermediate Air Conditioning
- Work Experience
- Air Conditioning Control Systems
- Introduction to Facilities Maintenance
- Electrical Concepts for Facilities Maintenance Technicians
- Introduction to Industrial Electronics and Controls
- Low and High Pressure Boilers
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers
- Intermediate Programmable Logic Controllers
- Sheet Metal Principles
- Management of People in Technical and Building Services Industries
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Facilities Maintenance Technology - Associate in Science
- Facilities Maintenance Technology - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
- Recognize the main Mechanical, Hydronic, Electrical, Controls and HVAC equipment associated with large Commercial Buildings. Perform in a safe and efficient manner Technical Maintenance duties associated with the operation of Commercial Buildings.
- Competence in analyzing, maintaining and servicing sophisticated Commercial Building equipment. Use sound judgment to execute competent repairs to Commercial Buildings.
- Ability to interpret and process Wiring Diagrams, Logic Control Diagrams and Pipe Diagrams. Demonstrate proficiency in writing service reports in both hard and soft copy. Ability to verbally communicate with Building Owners and Management.
- Competence and skills in performing retrofits to existing Control Systems. Integrating leading edge technology to enhance smooth efficient Facilities Maintenance Management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and in groups of all social and economic backgrounds. Demonstrate awareness of Global Warming, Green House Gases Effect and Ozone Depletion as related to use of common Refrigerants. Demonstrate efficient use of Water and other natural resources.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity when dealing with Building Owners, Building Managers, and Building occupants. Exercise professional courtesy in the workplace.
- Recognize proper attire and etiquettes expected of Professional Building Services Technicians. Perform Building Maintenance procedures that are safe and aesthetically acceptable.
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about Facilities Maintenance Technology - Associate Degree? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Appleton, United States of America
Des Moines, United States of America
New York City, United States of America