Dance - Certificate of AchievementSan Jose City College
Dance - Certificate of Achievement
All available course dates
About this program
The Associate in Arts in Dance degree will prepare students for transfer into a four-year dance major, minor or performing arts program. It can also prepare students for further study in other dance-related fields including performing, dance teaching, choreography, dance science, dance therapy, dance history or dance criticism. Upon completion of the degree students should be proficient in three or more dance technique styles at the intermediate level, have a firm understanding of dance appreciation and music theory, and be competent in creating and performing dance.
The Associate in Arts in Dance degree course of study requires a sound foundation of ballet, jazz and modern dance technique. Students must pass or test out of Dance 010, Dance 020 and Dance 050 prior to beginning the required coursework for this degree.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Dance Appreciation
- Dance Improvisation
- Music Appreciation: Western Civilization
- Technical Theatre in Production
Required Technique Coursess
- Ballet, Intermediate
- Ballet, High-Intermediate
- Ballet, Advanced
- Jazz Dance, Intermediate
- Jazz Dance, High-Intermediate
- Modern Dance, Intermediate
- Modern Dance, High-Intermediate
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Dance - Associate in Arts
- Dance Teaching - Certificate of Achievement Level 1
- Apply proper posture, alignment, body organizations, vocabulary, and performance quality to a variety of dance techniques.
- Discuss the aesthetics and composition of dance as an expression of self and culture.
- Critically compare various dance genres on the basis of movement and historical context.
- Perform original dance choreography in class or for live public performances.
- Create dance choreography using the principles of composition for in class demonstration or live public performance.
Message the school
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about Dance - Certificate of Achievement? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!