Computer Applications - Associate DegreeSan Jose City College
Computer Applications - Associate Degree
All available course dates
About this program
San Jose City College offers an Associate in Science (AS) degree and two levels of certificates: Certificate of Achievement - Level 2 and Certificate of Achievement - Level 3 in Computer Applications.
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification, the premier in Microsoft desktop certification, is a globally recognized standard for demonstrating desktop skills which helps to meet the demand for qualified and knowledgeable people in the modern workplace. Our courses and certificates will prepare students to take the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert Level (MOS) Exams. Certified individuals report increased competence and productivity as well as increased credibility with their employers, co-workers, and clients. Employers around the world know that it is a smart decision to hire certified candidates and, certification can be an employee's ticket to better career opportunities.
After successful completion of the series of tests for MOS, students will receive certification authenticating their skills from the certificating agency. There is a registration fee that must be paid before students can take the desired tests.
Upon receiving an Associate in Science degree, graduates should be able to demonstrate use of following skills: touch keyboarding, document composition/word processing, mail merge, using e-mail, scheduling appointments, using the internet to locate information, file and folder management, oral and written communication skills, preparing presentations, resume writing, creating a portfolio of business documents, and organization skills.
A grade of "C" or better is required for all major and certificate courses.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Microsoft Word Level 1
- Microsoft Word Level 2
- Microsoft Excel Level 1
- Microsoft Excel Level 2
- Microsoft Access Level 1
- Microsoft Access Level 2
- Microsoft PowerPoint Level 1
- Microsoft PowerPoint Level 2
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Introduction to Computer Information Systems
- Financial Accounting
- Bookkeeping for Small Business
Plus choose an additional 8 units from the following:
- Managerial Accounting
- Personal Financial Planning
- Introduction to Media Arts
- Computer Graphics
- Digital Video
- Web Design 1
- Web Design 2
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Management
- Human Relations and Leadership
- Introduction to Web Development
- Introduction to PC Hardware and Diagnostics
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- Computer Applications - Associate in Science
- Computer Applications - Certificate of Achievement Level 1
- Computer Applications - Certificate of Achievement Level 2
- Computer Applications - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
- Recognize the components that constitute a computer information system. Identify various hardware, software, data, computer number systems, and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact and application of computers in business, government, and social organizations. Students solve common business problems with computer applications and the internet.
- Receive and process written and oral technology related information. Students Interpret technology communication concepts including wired and wireless networks, servers and clients, users interfaces, operating systems, applications, utilities, and programming languages.
- Recognize the influence of the Internet on business and terms relating to the World Wide Web. Students perform the fundamental functions that operating systems and applications software provides. Students demonstrate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and use of Internet. Students will recognize a programming language and demonstrate steps involved in developing an application.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and interact effectively in teams consisting of individuals with differing interests, gender, global backgrounds and professions.
- Student demonstrates ability to exercise professional, ethical responsibility in the use of technology in society.
Message the school
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about Computer Applications - Associate Degree? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
British Columbia, Canada
Des Moines, United States of America
San Jose, United States of America