CIS Web Developer - Associate DegreeSan Jose City College
CIS Web Developer - Associate Degree
All available course dates
About this program
CIS Web Developer
The department of Computer Information Systems (CIS) offers degrees and certificates in three major areas: Computer Programming,Network Administration and Web Developer.See the respective major sheets for additional information about the specific certificates and degrees. A grade of "C" or better is required in all certificate, major and major elective courses.
The Web Developer Certificate and Degree programs provide students with the skills necessary to design front-end applications for a Web site. It assumes basic programming skills so that students can design applications that search a web site, obtain interactive information from visitors to the site, implement push and pull technologies, client server interactions, and provide the benefits of having a dynamic, well-structured Web site. An Associate in Science and 2 levels of certificates are offered.
Admission to San José City College (SJCC) is open to high school graduates, possess GED, certificate of proficiency, or the equivalent, or to those who are at least 18 years old.
The first step for all persons desiring to enroll in classes at SJCC is to complete an application for admission. Please visit the website for more information regarding admission.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- XML Fundamentals
- Database Technology
- Introduction to Computer Information Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Java Programming
- Internet Principles and Protocols
- Advanced XML
- PHP Programming
- Introduction to Web Development
- Perl Programming
- Python Programming
Please visit the college website for more information about tuition fees
- CIS Web Developer - Associate in Science
- CIS Web Developer - Certificate of Achievement Level 2
- CIS Web Developer - Certificate of Achievement Level 3
- Recognize the components that constitute a computer information system. Identify various hardware, software, data, computer number systems, and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the impact and application of computers in business, government, and social organizations. Students solve common business problems with computer applications and the internet.
- Receive and process written and oral technology related information. Students Interpret technology communication concepts including wired and wireless networks, servers and clients, users interfaces, operating systems, applications, utilities, and programming languages.
- Recognize the influence of the Internet on business and terms relating to the World Wide Web. Students perform the fundamental functions that operating systems and applications software provides. Students demonstrate skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, and use of Internet. Students will recognize a programming language and demonstrate steps involved in developing an application.
- Demonstrate the ability to work and interact effectively in teams consisting of individuals with differing interests, gender, global backgrounds and professions.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise professional, ethical responsibility in the use of technology in society.
Message the school
About this institute
San Jose City College
Founded in 1921 in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, San José City College (SJCC) has provided educational excellence and opportunities to students from around the world for 100 years! San José City College’s new state-of-the-art facilities combined with a...
Want to know more about CIS Web Developer - Associate Degree? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Diploma / certificate