Bachelor in Game Design and DevelopmentSacred Heart University
Bachelor in Game Design and Development
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor in Game Design and Development
When you choose to become a game design & development major at SHU, you’ll join a top game design program of 2018, according to ;The Princeton Review. Our devoted faculty provide the one-on-one attention and hands-on training you need to succeed as a professional game designer and developer.
What will I learn as a game design & development major?
Sacred Heart game design students combine programming and creative skills. While you will learn how to create a video game from start to finish, you will also have the opportunity to specialize in the particular game development area that most interests you. You will learn both the Unity and Unreal platforms, C# programming and Blender for creating 3D objects. In addition to the computer science courses, you will also have the opportunity to take classes in music for games, art for games and game story writing, as well as a specialized course in Physics for Game Design. The University completely subsidizes training for the Unity Certification Exam.
International Admission requirements
- High School Transcripts
- SAT/ACT optional
- One personal essay
- 2 letters of recommendation: 1 from your school counselor and 1 from a teacher
- If native language is not English, submit proof of proficiency
English Proficiency Tests Accepted (Minimum Scores)
- TOEFL 80
- EIKEN pre-1
- IELTS 6.5
- GTEC 1200
- Cambridge C1 Advanced 180
- International School Curriculum
- EF level C1 in English
- PTE min. 62
- Duolinguo online test 110
- ELS level 112
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In the game design & development program, you will also:
- Learn to analyze problems, then identify and design solutions
- Develop the communication skills to convey complex technical information to a range of audiences
- Take courses in gaming, 3D object creation, algorithms, operating systems and game programming
- Study the fundamentals of game play theory, computer graphics and animation
- Learn to use Unity3D, Blender, Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Gain experience working with teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk and produce deliverables
- Learn to thrive as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Work in the motion capture laboratory and learn to animate 3D characters
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full-Time Undergraduate Tuition fee: $22,480/semester
- Bachelor of Science in Game Design and Development
As part of the program’s focus on hands-on laboratory experience, students can acquire paid internships in the motion capture lab, the VR/AR lab and a lab devoted to artificial intelligence. Because our program lives in the computer science department, potential employers know that Sacred Heart game design students have rigorous training in the technical aspects of game development. ;
Graduates have accepted jobs ranging from AAA studios to small indie shops. Recently students have also joined research and corporate development teams. One recent grad specializes in developing games for returning veterans with war disabilities. ;
With a game design & development degree, you’ll be prepared for a career as a:
- Computer animator
- Game designer
- Level designer
- Digital game artist
Message the school
About this institute
Sacred Heart University
As the second-largest, co-ed private, Catholic university in the northeast USA, Sacred Heart University students enjoy a prime location in Fairfield County, one of the wealthiest regions of the USA. Part of the greater New York City region, our two...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Game Design and Development? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England
Amherst, United States of America