Bachelor in BiochemistrySacred Heart University
Bachelor in Biochemistry
All available course dates
About this program
Bachelor in Biochemistry
With the BS in Biochemistry program at Sacred Heart, you will gain the scientific knowledge, laboratory, and critical-thinking skills you need for a future career or graduate study in the molecular life sciences, medicine, or health professions. Biochemistry majors emerge well qualified for research or laboratory positions in clinical, chemical or life science industries.
International Admission requirements
- High School Transcripts
- SAT/ACT optional
- One personal essay
- 2 letters of recommendation: 1 from your school counselor and 1 from a teacher
- If native language is not English, submit proof of proficiency
English Proficiency Tests Accepted (Minimum Scores)
- TOEFL 80
- EIKEN pre-1
- IELTS 6.5
- GTEC 1200
- Cambridge C1 Advanced 180
- International School Curriculum
- EF level C1 in English
- PTE min. 62
- Duolinguo online test 110
- ELS level 112
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
In the BS in Biochemistry program at Sacred Heart, you will:
- Benefit from small class sizes and personalized instruction from accomplished faculty
- Have access to six state-of-the-art teaching labs and four research labs
- Acquire training in biochemical theory, techniques, and practice
- Gain knowledge and skills in chem-bioinformatics, computational biochemistry, and computer-enabled drug design and discovery
- Be prepared to continue your studies in the fields of molecular life sciences, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing or physician assistant roles
- Have the opportunity to complete an internship
- Be able to join the Sacred Heart Student Affiliate American Chemical Society Club (SHUSAACS)
- Participate in research alongside faculty ;members
- Be able to present your research at the National American Chemical Society conference and network with over 1000 chemistry professionals
- Study at our Fairfield campus which is ideally located within 50 miles of several fast-growing biotechnology firms, including Pfizer, Bristol Myers Squibb, Alexion, Regeneron, and Protein Sciences Corporation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Full-Time Undergraduate Tuition fee: $22,480/semester
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
SHU graduates have ;continued ;their ;studies in Sacred Heart’s master's degree programs in chemistry as well as at the following ;schools:
- University of Connecticut Medical, Dental and Law Schools
- Yale University
- Princeton University
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rutgers University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Delaware
- University of Arizona ;
- Boston College Law School ;
- Dartmouth University
- Cytec Industries
- King Industries
- RT Vanderbilt
- US Surgical/Covidian
Message the school
About this institute
Sacred Heart University
As the second-largest, co-ed private, Catholic university in the northeast USA, Sacred Heart University students enjoy a prime location in Fairfield County, one of the wealthiest regions of the USA. Part of the greater New York City region, our two...
Want to know more about Bachelor in Biochemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Knoxville, United States of America
Bangor, United States of America