M.Sc. Textile EngineeringRWTH International Academy
Study textile engineering in Germany
The Master in Textile Engineering provides knowledge on the latest development in textile technology in a wide range of subjects covering high-performance fibers, 3D-textiles and new processes and machines to manufacture textile products.
Students will learn how to:
- design machines
- develop new products, new processes and new machines
- improve existing textile products, processes and machines
- simulate textile products, processes and machines
Students can choose between different focus areas, either coursework or on research.
- Control Engineering, Machine Design Process, Gear and Transmission Technology, Finite Element Methods for Engineers, Quality Management, Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Fibers, Composites
- Research Projects : Minor research projects, Master Thesis
Outline research focus:
- Compulsory courses: Control Engineering, Machine Design Process, Quality Management, Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Fibers, Composites
- Research Projects: 1st and 2nd research project
- Master Thesis
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system. Application deadline is March 1 of each year. German and EU Nationals may still apply by 15 July - however, early applications are encouraged!
For the Textile Engineering Program students are expected to have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Fundamental knowledge in the fields of engineering, mathematics and natural science that should be covered within the following modules: Mathematics, Mechanics, Material Sciences, Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Physics, Machine Tools, Technical Drawing.
- Furthermore knowledge in the following courses is requested: Finishing, Textile techniques, Fibres, Automatic Control, Quality Management, Computer Sciences, Simulation Techniques, Economics, Molecular Chemistry.
- Practical work experience of at least 12 months
- Very good results in previous undergraduate studies
- Very good command of the English language (TOEFL Internet based minimum of 90 pts/Paper based minimum of 577 pts./ IELTS test minimum overall band 5,5 pts)
- German language skills (A1 by enrollment in September, A2 after 1st semester and B1 after 2nd semester)
- GRE (applicants from EU, EWG and Bildungsinländer are exempt!)
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement.
The tuition fee for this course is 18 000€. Contact the university for more information and detailed pricing.
Successful participants receive a Master of Science degree (M.Sc.) awarded by the RWTH Aachen University.
With this degree graduates become part of the German textile research community at one of the top universities for engineering in the world and can apply after the graduation directly for a PhD position or any position in the industry.
Join RWTH Aachen University, one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities.
RWTH Aachen University - One of Europe's Leading Universities in Engineering & Sciences
RWTH Aachen University is one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities. Numerous partnerships between RWTH Aachen University and international universities as well as industrial companies offer excellent...
Want to know more about M.Sc. Textile Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.