M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production SystemsRWTH International Academy
Earn an MSc in Engineering with Management
The Master of Science in Management and Engineering in Production Systems is a unique engineering master degree designed to train graduates to understand engineering processes while simultaneously developing their management skills.
During their time in the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systems program, students will develop their knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering and learn business and management skills.
Mechanical engineering and Management Expertise combined
RWTH’s mechanical engineering faculty has a great reputation and is one of the world’s most prominent faculties of mechanical engineering. Students in the M.Sc. in Management and Engineering in Production Systems will spend their studies under this faculty. Coursework focuses on production technology, production systems, and production-related processes, with an emphasis on industrial research and development.
The second part of study concentrates on development of management skills. Students will become knowledgeable of core management processes and be prepared to work as an engineering manager with a global awareness. Throughout this part of the management and engineering master degree, students will be challenged to explore feasible avenues to balance business and development perspectives for sustainable growth in emerging economies.
This M.Sc. program provides the educational base and professional foundation for industrial engineering specialists. Industrial engineers will:
- Design, direct, monitor and optimize production processes (lean buffering design, efficient raw material processing, product quality, etc.)
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Manage employees from various engineering disciplines as well as cross-disciplinary and global teams
- Identify and realize measures for yield improvement, test optimization and product cost-ability methods
- Select or develop the adequate innovative production machines and assembly systems for state-of-the-art manufacturing planning
- Deal with cost and investment analyses
Industrial engineers that stand out for their ability to integrate scientific principles, engineering knowledge, and management techniques for innovative problem solving.
Please apply online and follow the steps of the online system. Application deadline is March 1 of each year. German and EU Nationals may apply from March 2 until 15 July - however, early applications are encouraged!
Applicants wishing to enter the M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science, awarded by an internationally recognized university-level institution.
- Very good performance in your undergraduate studies
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Letter of Intent
- University Transcript of Records (if possible with a conversion of your credit points in ECTS)
- University Degree Certificate
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Digital Photograph
- Proof of practical work experience, at least 6 months by 1 March (detailing the duration and responsibilities of your work)
- APS (only for Chinese Applicants)
*If your documents were not issued in German or English, you must have a certified translator translate your documents into either German or English.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Management and Engineering in Production Systems, graduates will be awarded a master of science (M.Sc.) degree by RWTH Aachen University.
Join RWTH Aachen University, one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities.
About this institute
RWTH Aachen University - One of Europe's Leading Universities in Engineering & Sciences
RWTH Aachen University is one of the largest and most renowned universities of technology in Germany which offers top level study and research opportunities. Numerous partnerships between RWTH Aachen University and international universities as well as industrial companies offer excellent...
Want to know more about M.Sc. Management and Engineering in Production Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.