Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Human Resource ManagementRushford Business School
About this program
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Human Resource Management
The Rushford Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) is a 120 ECTS credits doctoral program designed to equip business students, managers, practitioners, and leaders with high-level knowledge, research, and analytical skills so that they can apply these personal and professional attributes to solve the most complex business problems. In contrast to programs at the master level, the DBA program focuses on the application of theory to real-world business challenges. Students are expected to go through a transformative learning process that enhances their research skills, so they view business situations differently with an emphasis on applying research methods and finding solutions that lead to organizational efficiency, growth, and long-term sustainability.
Rushford maintains very high standards for students who enter our academic programs. For all DBA programs, the following criteria need to be met before admission is offered to a prospective student.
- Masters or an equivalent recognized academic title in Business and Management
- Masters or an equivalent recognized academic title in any other discipline with over 3 years of managerial and/or business experience
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent recognized academic title in any discipline with over 8 years of managerial and/or business experience
Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE or CAE, IELTS 6+ or TOEFL 79+
- TOEFL (PBT) 550+, or
- PTE 50+, or
- Any other proficiency test taken in the last 2 years
English Proficiency Waiver
The English proficiency test requirement can be waived off for the following candidates:
- Native English Speakers, or
- Applicants having completed their schooling in English (i.e. High School Diploma or IB), or
- Applicants having completed their bachelors/masters degree in English, or
- 2 years of work experience in a setting in which English is the primary language of work.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Foundation Course
- Quantitative Research Methods in Business
- Qualitative Research Methods in Business
- Quantitative Business Data Analysis
- Philosophy and Process of Applied Business Research
- Experiments and Survey Designs
- Theories of Organizations
- Theory Development
- Advanced Management
- AI/ML Data Visualization Methods for Research
- Advanced Financial Management (3 Part Course)
- Organizational Leadership Doctoral Theory and Practice
- Business Strategy and Innovation
- Human Resource Management
- Doctoral Dissertation Preparation
- Doctoral Dissertation and Oral Defense (20000 -25000 words)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the school website for more information.
This is a flexible though rigorous program that can be completed 100% online. Students define the pace at which they complete the program. Based on the pathway that the student chooses (Coursework vs Research), the duration of the program will vary significantly. Most students are expected to achieve the qualification within 3 years of joining the program. However, the research pathway can lead to the qualification in less than 3 years.
The Rushford DBA in Human Resource Management program focuses on applied research so that executives, managers, and practitioners can start applying what they learn in the program in their organizations in real-time. We focus on ensuring that our students develop a very high level of expertise in all areas of business and Human Resource Management. The coursework will also focus on the enhancement of research skills, writing skills, presentation skills, critical and analytical thinking skills, and change management skills.
Tuition fee: EUR 15000
Credits: 120 ECTS
Upon completing the program, students should be able to:
- Apply research methodologies to study the business situations and address business challenges
- Conduct primary and secondary research to understand business challenges
- Apply a deep understanding of international business fundamentals and practices to predict outcomes
- Develop a high level of command over business communications
- Articulate complex ideas, strategies, plans, and tactics in a clear and effective manner
- Develop a high level of proficiency in creating meaningful reports that use data collection, data cleaning, data interpretation, and engaging reporting with the use of data visualization
- Engage in academic and professional research activities that may lead to publications in peer-review journals
- Develop high-level proficiency in applying robust research methodologies, study design, and study conduct in producing a thesis at the end of the program as part of the requirement for the conferring of the doctorate qualification
The Rushford DBA in Human Resource Management is a fantastic opportunity for students and professionals to compete for a variety of high-level roles in organizations including educational institutions.
A DBA qualification certainly helps students and professionals to demonstrate the commitment and expertise to assume such roles. After completing this program, the student either accelerate their growth in their current organizations or transform their career to move to new business and industry domains as well as into the area of teaching at universities or business schools. This program provides the critical training and research skills required by aspiring managers and executives to handle challenging business situations and thus demonstrate the capability to assume roles with the highest level of responsibility and accountability.
At Rushford, we work with each student to understand their professional goals and aspirations and offer the right mix of mentorship, guidance, and skill-building that increases their chances to achieve their goals. Our mentorship program as well as the availability of a myriad of tools and resources help students to gain confidence in facing real-world business challenges as well as apply a high level of research and analytical thinking to solve business problems.
Message the school
About this institute
Rushford Business School
Rushford Business School is an EduQua certified Business School in Gevena, Switzerland. The school offers higher degree programs in Business and Management. Our school is unique in its offering of several MBA programs with key technical specializations. Our 100% online...
Why study at Rushford Business School
As a research-focused institution, we conduct innovative and internationally recognized business programs with a positive impact on business growth and societal development.
We continue to leverage business behavior and research through:
- Developing and expanding an international network of leading academic and exchange partners to provide a global research and teaching environment.
- Developing industry-specific business skills by engaging key opinion leaders.
- Developing leaders for shouldering social responsibility and facing unique intellectual and personal challenges.
- Developing mature and self-reliant personalities with intercultural competence and critical thinking.
Our vision is to be among the top business schools in Europe and be recognized internationally for innovative business programs helping businesses and institutions stay on a favorable growth curve. Our research shall have a flourishing impact on business practices, leadership, and academic literature. We shall develop leaders with a global outreach, who will employ their potential to engage with businesses and society to make a valuable, constructive, and ethical difference.
- The following values govern us in accomplishing our mission and our vision:
- Academic excellence, specialty skills, and a research focus.
- Thought leadership and innovation.
- Critical thinking, justice, and integrity.
- Ethics, social responsibility, beneficence, accountability, responsibility, and transparency.
- We have a never-ending approach to exceeding expectations for quality and service in all that we do. Shaping the career of our students is at the centre of all we do. For achieving this, all potential means are explored ranging from mentoring to presentation and referencing before the relevant industry.
- We value all our students and invest in their personal and professional growth and development, and assist them in their career path from basic needs to self-actualization.
- We plan prudently for our students by monitoring the key changes in the industry and taking appropriate actions that prepare them ahead of time to meet future challenges.
Online Teaching Approach
The teaching approach we implement aims to identify the specific training needs and career aspirations of each individual. Based on this understanding the most efficient personalized mentoring solution is put in place so that the individual can make the most out of the training program.
We firmly believe in the notion that every individual has their own strengths, and they can be harnessed through the correct learning platform and approach. The students at Rushford are fully aware that self-knowledge holds equal importance to academic knowledge.
At Rushford, we use the internet technologies to maximize the learning efficiency in a modern setting, while at the same time providing students with all the knowledge they need to be successful.
Rushford employs a great number of highly qualified professionals from the industry as mentors for the students in order to provide them with real industry perspectives. This helps our aspiring professionals reach an interface with the industry itself. Mentorship provides a lot of advice with regard to training and career planning.
We believe in preparing our students for real-life situations through firsthand experiences, by implementing mock sessions via our efficient online training platforms.
Want to know more about Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Human Resource Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!