CLIL Teacher Training
What is the CLIL Course?
In short, our CLIL Course refers to Content and Language Integrated Learning. Teachers use CLIL as a methodology in the classroom to introduce a second language to their students. Teachers may teach a subject such as mathematics or history in their home country but include the use of English (or, a third language) in classrooms. This teacher development course equips teachers with the methodology and skills to better manage a bilingual or multilingual classroom setting.
The course is for Primary, Secondary and Higher Education teachers -or prospective teachers- who have CEFR B1 (lower intermediate) level of English or above and who are -or will be- required to deliver the content of their lessons in English and not in their native language.
Our CLIL course is a teacher development course aimed at clarifying the concepts of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning). This type of education allows teachers to help students learn both the subject content -History, Geography and Science for instance- and English at the same time, providing opportunities for a full-immersion language learning experience.
Teachers on this course will be discussing and exploring a variety of teaching practices and methodologies. The sessions will cover subjects such as the following:
- Teaching the functional and core language necessary for the subject content
- developing students’ speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- developing students’ pronunciation
- using a task-based learning approach to develop students’ productive skills
- developing awareness of and responding to different learning styles
Our CLIL course focusses on specific areas of language and instruction.
During the course, the teachers will have opportunities to:
- watch demonstrations of lessons using CLIL methodology
- evaluate published material and resources in order to adapt and exploit the material in the context of CLIL
- take part in tailored-made lessons on language improvement
- design and deliver sample CLIL lessons to tutors/peers in order to put theory into practice
Rose of York London
Rose of York is an inviting and friendly English Language school in the centre of London. We have been providing excellent English language tuition since 1989. Our primary mission is to help you to achieve excellence and proficiency in the...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.