Study sustainable systems in the USA
The Master of Science in sustainable systems engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York, is focused on sustainable production systems.
This MS degree in systems engineering will cover the systems that produce both goods and services, focusing on creating non-polluting, energy conserving processes, as well as keeping in mind the health, safety, and economic viability of the productions systems.
Participants will take part in course work as well as research at a systems level approach using interdisciplinary skills and knowledge to solve sustainability problems.
Students will choose from the following three tracks of study:
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable mobility
- Sustainable energy systems
Graduates of the industrial engineering master in sustainable systems will be well prepared for careers in their chosen fields. Graduates of this MS degree will have an understanding of the fundamental sustainability principles, as well as the specific skill s and expertise in the field that will allow them to fully analyze and solve complex sustainability issues.
To be considered for admission to the MS in sustainable systems engineering at RIT, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university,
- Have fulfilled the following curriculum requirements: one year of college science and one year of college mathematics (including calculus and statistics),
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0,
- Participate in an interview with the academic department,
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work,
- Submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE),
- Submit two letters of reference,
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives,
- Submit a current resume, and
- Complete a graduate application.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Minimum scores of 600 (paper-based) or 100 (Internet-based) are required. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores will be accepted in place of the TOEFL exam. The minimum acceptable score is 6.5.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
For inforamtion on the tuition for the MS in Sustainabe Systems from Rochester Institute of Technology, please complete a request form.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Science in Sustainable Systems.
About this institute
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about MS in Sustainable Systems? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.