Medical Illustration MFA - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this MFA program, students will gain the skills and advanced knowledge in life sciences and visual communication to become a medical illustrator. Students will work alongside scientists and physicians to transform complex information into visual images that are used in education, research, patient care, public relations, legal cases and marketing.
Students wishing to undertake this program must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor degree* in a field of the arts, sciences, or education from an accredited college. The undergraduate degree should include:
- studio art courses
- one year of general or introductory biology (for biology majors)
- a minimum of three advanced biology courses, such as vertebrate anatomy, physiology, neurobiology, cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, microbiology, genetics, developmental biology, or pathology.
- Demonstrate a genuine, professional potential through the quality of the undergraduate record and creative production
- Demonstrate, through the submission of a portfolio, outstanding drawing skills, particularly the ability to draw subjects from direct observation.
- Submit official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Complete a graduate application.
*Those applicants coming from countries where the baccalaureate degree is not awarded for programs in the practice of art may be admitted to graduate study if the diploma or certificate received approximates the standards of the BFA, BA, or BS degrees, and if their academic records and portfolios indicate an ability to meet graduate standards.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit one of the following minimum language scores:
- 550 - TEFL (paper-based)
- 80 - TEFL (internet-based)
- 6.5 - IELTS
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
To learn about the cost of this Medical Illustration MFA, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Fine Arts in Medical Illustration.
About this institute
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about Medical Illustration MFA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.