Imaging Arts - Photography MFA from Rochester Institute of Technology
This Master of Fine Arts program will give students a broad education of photography, inspiring and forming them as creative artists and photographers. Students will explore photography and related art forms and media as a way of personal, aesthetic, and intellectual expression. Graduates can go on to work within education, museums, galleries, or as a self-employed visual artist.
Students wishing to undertake this MFA program need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- Submit the following:
- A portfolio containing a focused body of artwork that demonstrates visual sophistication, aesthetic awareness, skill, and craft, as well as a commitment to a purpose and idea
- Official transcripts of previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Three letters of recommendation
- A Letter of Intent, which should include a candidate's interest in obtaining an MFA, the selection of RIT for the MFA degree, and professional goals to be achieved
- An Artist Statement explaining the intention behind the portfolio submitted
- Complete a graduate application through the Graduate Admission Website
- Participate in an interview (optional).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
To learn about the cost of this Imaging Arts—Photography MFA, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Graduates of this program will be awarded a Master of Fine Arts in Imaging Arts - Photography.
About this institute
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Want to know more about Imaging Arts—Photography MFA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.