Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Description of Engineering PhD
Engineering PhD - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this PhD program, students will be equipped with the skills needed to tackle some of the most daunting and complex engineering problems facing our society today. Students will gain the opportunity to specialize in an area of interest while also gaining a broad overview of the many fields of engineering, meaning they will be well-prepared for a successful career developing solutions for real-world challenges.
Some areas of research supported through this program include:
- Manufacturing and materials
- Signal and image processing
- Robotics and mechatronics
- Heat transfer and thermo-fluids
- Performance and power-aware computing
- Access and assistive technologiess
- Simulation, modeling and optimization
- Safety and security
- Nano-science and engineering.
To learn more about this program, contact RIT via the information request button.
Students wanting to apply for this PhD program must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit the following:
- A resume highlighting educational background and experiences
- A Statement of Purpose for Research
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Official transcripts for previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation
- Participate in an on-campus or teleconference interview (when applicable)
- Complete a graduate application.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit one of the following minimum language scores:
- 587 - TEFL (paper-based)
- 94 - TEFL (internet-based)
- 6.5 - IELTS
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a PhD in Engineering.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Engineering PhD, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...