Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Astrophysical Sciences and Technology PhDRochester Institute of Technology
Description of Astrophysical Sciences and Technology PhD
Astrophysical Sciences and Technology PhD - Rochester Institute of Technology
Through this PhD, students will explore the underlying physics of phenomena beyond the Earth using technology and knowledge in this golden age of astrophysics. The course will cover technologies, instruments, data analysis and modeling techniques that will contribute to the next major strides in the field.
To learn more about this program, fill out an information request form and someone from Rochester Institute of Technology will be in touch.
Applicants of this program must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor-level degree from an accredited institute in one of the following areas:
- Physical science
- Computer science
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.2 in course work in mathematical, science, engineering, and computer subject areas
- Submit the following:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A personal statement of educational objectives addressing research interests
- Official transcripts from previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation
- Scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Complete a graduate application.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit one of the following minimum scores:
- 550 TEFL (paper-based)
- 79 TEFL (internet-based)
- 6.5 IELTS
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Graduates of this program will be awarded a PhD in Astrophysical Sciences and Technology.
Tuition & fees
To learn about the cost of this Astrophysical Sciences and Technology PhD, fill out an information request and someone from RIT will be in touch.
Rochester Institute of Technology
Join a vibrant community teeming with students, experts, and specialists across all fields at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Offering the perfect environment to pursue your passions, RIT offers an intersection of disciplines for you to launch your career. The...
Location & accommodation
Rochester, United States of America
Rochester, located in the state of New York, is a dynamic city, and home to over one million people - large enough to provide the dining and night life opportunities you might expect in a bigger city, yet small and friendly enough to be inviting and accessible. In Rochester you’ll find everything from high-tech industry, to history & culture, entertainment and recreation. RIT’s...