Certificate - Early Childhood EducationRiverside City College
About this program
Certificate - Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education program provides an educational and practical foundation for students interested in working with children from infancy through third grade. In addition to theoretical principles, the curriculum offers practical skills and on-site training that will prepare students for employment in the field of Early Childhood Education. The program leads to certificates in Early Childhood Education and/or an Associate of Science Degree. The EAR courses will also fulfill the required child development coursework for the state issued Child Development Permit. Information regarding this permit and/or the Early Childhood Education Certificates are available from the Early Childhood Education Department.
The Associate of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Observation and Assessment in Early Childhood Education
- Child Growth and Development
- Introduction to Curriculum
- Teaching in a Diverse Society
- Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Principles and Practices of Teaching Young Children
- Practicum in Early Childhood Education
- Child, Family, and Community
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tuition fees: $435 per unit for international students.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate developmentally appropriate thematic and emergent curriculum for children who are typical and atypical in the areas of physical, cognitive, language, creative and social/emotional growth.
- Develop and apply appropriate practices and effective techniques that respect the cultural diversity of young children and their families.
- Integrate an educational philosophy into classroom practices that reflects a personal belief supportive of theoretical principles regarding how and why young children should receive early educational experiences.
- Develop and implement a system of ongoing observational practices that contributes toward the creation of learning environments conducive to the emergence of curriculum that adapts to the evolving needs of children
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Certificate - Early Childhood Education? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!