Certificate - Barbering ConceptsRiverside City College
About this program
Certificate - Barbering Concepts
This program prepares individuals to provide professional cosmetic services in salons, resorts, casinos, dermatologist's offices and other related industry establishments. This includes courses in hair design, hair sculpting, chemical, esthetic and other cosmetic services, safety and sanitation, management, customer service, and preparation for practicing as licensed cosmetologist in the state of California. Courses in applicable professional labor laws and regulations in the cosmetology industry, physiology, anatomy, electricity and ergonomics are also covered in depth. Emphasis is placed on passing state licensing exam and industry entry skills.
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Cosmetology will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Beginning Cosmetology Concepts
- Level II Cosmetology Concepts
- Level III Cosmetology Concepts
- Level IV Cosmetology Concepts
- Level V Cosmetology Concepts
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
This Program Pathway will allow a full-time student to complete this program in 18-24 months. For students who require a part time pathway, please see a counselor for more information.
Tuition fees: $435 per unit for international students.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Deduce valid conclusions, compare and contrast viable techniques and apply principles in preparation of the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology practical and written exam.
- Identify and analyze concepts leading to synthesis of theory for the state board written exam. Produce a business plan and portfolio.
- Demonstrate entry-level industry skills in a clinic laboratory setting.
- Demonstrate workplace behaviors ("soft skills") necessary for success in the cosmetology industry
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Certificate - Barbering Concepts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!