About this program
Associate of Science - Sign Language Interpreting
This program prepares individuals to function as simultaneous and consecutive interpreters as well as translators of American Sign Language (ASL) and other signing systems employed to assist deaf and hard-of-hearing people, both voice-to-sign and sign-to-voice interpretation. This includes instruction in American Sign Language (ASL), alternative sign systems, finger spelling, vocabulary and expressive nuances, oral and text translation skills, cross-cultural communications, slang and colloquialisms, and technical interpretation.
Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Sign Language Interpreting will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- American Sign Language for Interpreters
- Introduction to Sign Language Interpreting
- American Sign Language Interpreting I
- American Sign Language Interpreting II
- American Sign Language Interpreting III
- American Sign Language Interpreting IV/Practicum
- Ethics and Professional Standards of Interpreting
- American Deaf Culture
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tution fees: $394 per unit for international students.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Produce documented completion of a total of 54 observation hours, 27 mentorship hours, and 92 practicum hours.
- Provide a completed portfolio, including, but not limited to, a resume, an introductory letter, business cards, intake form, invoice form, and Interpreter Kit.
- Demonstrate entry-level interpreting skills before an exiting panel at the end of the 4th interpreting skills class.
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Associate of Science - Sign Language Interpreting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!