About this program
Associate Degree for Transfer in Geology
The Associate Degree for Transfer in Geology prepares students for success in a baccalaureate degree in Geology with the lower division course work required to transfer into the CSU system. Students completing the Associate Degree for Transfer in Geology will be prepared to transfer to a CSU as juniors and pursue a baccalaureate degree in Geology. The Associate Degree for Transfer in Geology utilizes the scientific method to develop knowledge regarding the Earth Sciences among students interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree in Geology with the California State University (CSU) system. Areas of study within this program include the natural processes responsible for Earth’s formation and dynamic history; the availability, recovery, and use of natural resources; geologic hazards; field methods in geology; and the evolution of life on this planet. Students receiving the AS-T degree in Geology will be prepared for transfer to CSU/UC or other university geology programs and will also be further prepared for careers as geologists in fields such as research, industry and education. The program requires two semesters of geology courses, two semesters of chemistry, and two semesters of single variable calculus.
Associate in Science for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Science in Geology for Transfer degree will be awarded will be awarded upon completion of coursework totaling 60 California State University (CSU) transferable units including the major requirements and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or California State University General Education (CSUGE) requirements with a minimum grade point average of 2 .0. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.
RCC has only two international student admission requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
- TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Anthropology 2 or Sociology 1 or 2 or 12
- English 1A/1AH
- Geology 1/1L
- Math 36*
- Communication Studies 1 or 6 or 9
- Chemistry 3
- Mathematics 10
- English 1B/1BH
- Biology 18 or 19
- Political Science 1
- Art History 6/6H, Music 19, Dance 6/6H or Theater Arts 3
- Chemistry 1A
- Geology 1B
- Math 1A
- History 1 or 2
- Psychology 1
- Chemistry 1B
- History 15
- Foreign Language (or two years of high school foreign language)
- Math 1B
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tution fees: $394 per unit for international students.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physical structure and natural processes which have shaped the universe, solar system, and Earth.
- Identify and classify geological materials and demonstrate an understanding of their chemical composition and structure.
- Apply the scientific method to solve geological problems.
- Summarize the geologic time scale and explain its scientific basis, recount significant events in Earth history, and understand the basics of common absolute- and relative-age dating methods.
- Express the role of geology in everyday life, appreciate the extent of human impact on Earth systems and environments, and explain the geological processes potentially giving rise to natural hazards.
Message the school
About this institute
Riverside City College
Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...
Why study at Riverside City College
Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.
Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.
No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.
24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.
Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!
Want to know more about Associate Degree for Transfer in Geology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Riverside, United States of America
Rapid City, United States of America