Show as: Mobile

Associate Degree for Transfer in English

Riverside City College
2 years
Full time
Associate's degree
Scholarships available
On campus
Inquire for more information

About this program

Associate Degree for Transfer in English

English majors study composition, critical thinking, literature, linguistics, and creative writing. English majors learn to analyze and interpret diverse texts and to construct logical, well-supported arguments and literary analyses. Completion of the Associate Degree in English for Transfer (ADT) will prepare you to meet minimum lower division admission requirements (60 transferable units) for transfer to a Califo rnia State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) school. For additional requirements for transfer to a UC, please meet with your counselor. The English program map below includes all of your major coursework and recommended general education courses by term that is needed to fulfill your degree and transfer requirements.

Admission requirements

RCC has only two international student admission requirements:

  • High school diploma or equivalent OR over the age of 18 (minors may be considered for special admission)
  • TOEFL iBT 45 or equivalent

Does this course require proof of English proficiency?

The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!

Learn more Advertisement

Program content


  • English 1A/ 1AH
  • Math 12/ 12H or 25
  • English 6 or 14 or 40
  • Guidance 47 or Academic Literacy and Reading 3

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Communications Studies 9


  • English 1B/ 1BH
  • English 7 or 15 or 41
  • Anthropology 1/1H and 1L or Biology 5 or 6 or 8
  • History 6/6H or 7/7H or 14 or 15 or 44

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Sociology 1 or 2 or 10 or 12


  • English 6 or 14 or 40
  • English 4 or 8 or 9 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 20 or 23 or 24 or 25 or 30 or 34 or 35 or 38 or 44 or 45 or 47 or 48
  • Geography 1/ 1H or Geology 1
  • Political Science 1/ 1H or 21

Intersession (Winter/summer)

Psychology 1 or 9


  • English 7 or 15 or 41
  • English 8 or 9 or 16 or 17 or 17A or 18 or 20 or 23 or 24 or 25 or 30 or 34 or 35 or 38 or 44 or 45 or 47or 48
  • English 11 or Philosophy 10/ 10H or History 15 or 31 or Sociology 25
  • Film Studies 1 or 2 or Art History 1/ 1H or 2/ 2H or 6/ 6H
  • Language other than English-1st semester

Scholarships & funding

Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.


Tuition fees: $394 per unit for international students.

Career paths

  • Corporate Communications Director
  • Technical Writer
  • Editor
  • Diplomat
  • Teacher
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lawyer

Message the school

Want to know more about this program, Associate Degree for Transfer in English? Fill out the following form and include any questions you have. This information will be sent directly to the school, and a representative will respond to your enquiry.

Currently living in *
Nationality *

About this institute

Riverside City College

Riverside City College (RCC) is one of the best colleges in the USA for many international students. RCC was founded in 1916 and is located in beautiful Southern California close beaches and many other major attractions in Los Angeles, San...

Read more about this school

Why study at Riverside City College


Save over $80,00 (compare with UC) and receive up to $2,500 international student scholarship.

Great Location

Located in Southern California near Los Angeles, just a 1-hour drive to the beach, mountains, and theme parks.

Easy Admission

No SAT/ACT and low TOEFL/IELTS Score requirement. Just three simple and fast admission steps.

Safe Community

24/7 on-campus police service and support. Low campus crime rate.

Transfer Opportunities

Transfer 2+2 to top US Universities including UCLA, UCB, Columbia, USC, and more!

Contact info

Riverside City College

4800 Magnolia Ave
92880 Riverside California
United States of America (USA)

 Show phone number

Message the school

Want to know more about Associate Degree for Transfer in English? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.


Be the first to write a review!