Master in Actuarial Science and FinanceRey Juan Carlos University
Master in Actuarial Science and Finance
This is a Two years duration course.
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, modified by Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2:
- To access the official master's degree programs, it will be necessary to hold an official university degree from Spain or another one issued by a higher education institution belonging to another member state of the European Higher Education Area, which will authorize access to university master education.
- Likewise, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that they authorize in the issuing country the title for access to postgraduate education. The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title of the one in possession of the interested party, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's degree.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Markets, financial products and risk management
- Fundamentals of insurance
- Mathematics of life insurance I (Actuarial Mathematics I)
- Statistical modeling to assess risk (Actuarial Statistics I)
- Asset valuation and market risk analysis. (Financial Mathematics I)
- Financial analysis of insurance companies
- IT tools for actuaries I
- Equities and financial derivatives (Financial Mathematics II)
- Computer tools for actuaries II
- Analysis of time series (Actuarial Statistics II)
- Risk management
- Economy of the insurance and financial environment
- Decision methods in finance and insurance (Actuarial Statistics II)
- Mathematics of life insurance II (Actuarial Mathematics II)
- Statistical methods for Big Data in finance and insurance (Actuarial Statistics III)
- Mathematics of non-life insurance (Actuarial Mathematics III)
- Solvency in insurance companies
- Legal status of private insurance
- Non-life insurance operations
- Public and private social security systems
- External Practices
- Master's Thesis
The full tuition price for local/EU students is 2,701,2 EUR.
The full tuition price for International/Non-EU students is 5044.2 EUR.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
About this institute
Rey Juan Carlos University
Since its founding in 1996, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (URJC) has stood out among Madrid Public Universities for its dynamic, vigorous character, and its commitment to the progress of society through an excellent, quality educational system. URJC is spread out...
Why study at Rey Juan Carlos University
Spain ranked #6 study abroad country
Spain has been ranked the #6 study abroad country in Europe (and #9 in the world) for 2020! With universities founded as far back as 1218, Spain offers you a wide variety of study opportunities to choose from. Your next big adventure could be waiting for you in Spain, so why not take the plunge?
Rey Juan Carlos University
Want to know more about Master in Actuarial Science and Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Brno, Czech Republic