Child Development (AS)Reedley College
Child Development (AS)
All available course dates
Child Development (AS)
The associate in science degree in child development is designed to prepare students to work with young children in a variety of early care and education settings. Upon completion of the A.S. degree, a student possesses the course work required to work as a teacher in both private and public early care and education settings serving preschool-age children. Additionally, students completing documented work experience are eligible to apply for the California Child Development Permit through the Commission of Teacher Credentialing at either the Teacher, Master Teacher or Site Supervisor Level which qualifies the student to work in a State of California funded (Title 5) early care and education program.
- File a completed application with the Admissions Office.
- Submit one transcript in English translation of all work completed in high school and college along with the results of any general matriculation or school leaving examinations.
- Submit an affidavit of financial support.
- Submit evidence of a negative tuberculin skin test taken in the U.S. not more than six months prior to entering college.
- Show proof of medical insurance or purchase insurance offered through the college.
- Submit a total score of 500 or better on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please write to the following address to make arrangements to take the test: Test of English as a Foreign Language Educational Testing Service Princeton, NJ, USA 08540
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Principles and Practices of Teaching Young Children
- Child Growth and Development
- Reading and Composition
- Public Speaking or Group Communication
- Introduction to Curriculum
- Child, Family and Community
- Contemporary Mathematics
- History of the United States
- American Government
- Lifespan Development
- Observation and Assessment
- Health Safety and Nutrition in Early Childhood Education
- Critical Thinking
- Biological Science/Lab
- Early Childhood Practicum
- Diversity and Culture in Early Child Care and Education Programs
- Courtship, Marriage and Divorce
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Tuition fees for out-of-state & international students: $3,480.00 per semester
- Associate of Science in Child Development (AS)
- Certificate of Achievement in Child Development
Students in this program may pursue careers as: Preschool Teachers, Child Care
About this institute
Reedley College offers an AS degree or Certificates with an opportunity to transfer to 4-year Universities. Our most notable degrees are: Business Administration, Dental Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant, Forestry & Wildfire Resources, Mechanized Agriculture, Aviation Maintenance, Animal Science, Mechanized Agriculture...
Want to know more about Child Development (AS)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Grayslake, United States of America
Reedley, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America
Costa Mesa, United States of America
San Jose, United States of America
Lynnwood, United States of America
Fresno, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America