Master's Degree in Sports Marketing
The sports sector is growing exponentially all over the world. It is also a hugely global industry.
There is a double connection between sports and the world of marketing and sales. On the one hand, there are an increasing number of companies whose business relates to sports, and which need an in-depth understanding of the right marketing and sales tools to achieve success in their competitive environment; and on the other hand, sports are by nature an excellent communications platform for companies in any economic sector, thanks to their extraordinary reach in the media and the values they transmit, and they can provide great added value to any company or brand associated with them.
Alongside more traditional marketing tools, concepts such as city marketing, community management of athletes and brands in social networks, new channels for exploiting sports rights, corporate social responsibility, and ever more varied forms of sponsorship define the profile of modern sports marketing.
Spain is one of the world centers of sports marketing and has some of the leading athletes and teams in the world’s most popular sports. In recent decades the country has also organized many world-level sports events, leveraging the impetus of the Barcelona Olympics. Meanwhile, some of the most important individual and group sports rights contracts involve Spanish agents.
The Master’s Degree in Sports Marketing, offered by Real Madrid Graduate School and Universidad Europea, is a pioneering international program in the field of sports marketing, designed to give international or Spanish students with a global and multicultural outlook the training they need to take advantage of professional opportunities in the combined fields of marketing and sports.
The Master’s degree also offers the possibility of an internship in the Marketing Department of Real Madrid C.F. for the best-performing students in the program.
The program finishes with professional internships in the marketing and communications departments of sports-related companies and institutions, including none other than Real Madrid CF as well as other
teams, sports marketing agencies and large companies that include sports in their marketing and communications strategies.
The program offers a wide range of career opportunities, especially given the boom in sports and the increased expenditure / investment in sports marketing and communication by companies in different productive sectors. Positions and areas of interest include:
- Marketing departments in companies in the different sectors that use sports to reach their target markets.
- Communications departments in companies in the different sectors that use sports to reach their target markets.
- Head of marketing / communication in sports federations, official institutions relating to sports, and athletes’ associations.
- Head of marketing / communication in companies directly relating to sports (sports clothing, gyms, facilities, technology, etc.)
- Sports marketing and communication agencies.
- Sports event planning agencies
- Marketing and communication departments of sports clubs in different specialist areas.
- Sports-related media
- Representatives of professional athletes, especially in the area of communication
- Tech companies and sports-related applications
- Sports-related research institutes and consultancies
- In a survey of graduates of the class of 2015, 83% of respondents stated they were working in the sector, and the remaining 17% expected to start doing so soon.
Reservation fee: EUR 2 200; tuition fee: EUR 17 100
Master's degree in Sports Marketing
About this institute
Real Madrid Graduate School
At the Real Madrid - Universidad Europea Graduate School you’ll learn among leading sports professionals. Our graduate programs are based on the vast management experience of Real Madrid, the world’s leading club in terms of income, results and solvency, and...
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Sports Marketing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America