MDes Social Innovation
Building a sustainable tomorrow, today
This Social Innovation master of design (MDes) course will empower you to create new services, organisational models and communications platforms that better serve society.
In a recent survey, our postgraduate courses scored 91% student satisfaction for creativity and design, and 93% satisfaction overall.
Why study an MDes Social Innovation master's degree?
- Address complex global issues like inequality, social cohesion and climate change
- Develop a wealth of fundamental and transferable skills
- Hone leadership skills by prototyping and piloting theories of change
- Co-create and facilitate social action programs
- Co-design new organisational models with powerful social missions
- Create highly participatory services using new tech and organisational models
- Think more laterally and spot new patterns of social change
- Tap into exceptional industry connections
- Study in a stunning new building in London's Design District
- Be a legacy-maker for The Institute of Creativity and Technology
In our powerful new Social Innovation course in London, you will gain the skills and insights needed to make a true impact to bring about social and environmental change through partnership development with businesses, community groups and public bodies.
You will learn to think more laterally and spot new patterns of social change in order to engage with the most serious social and environmental issues of our time – problems which need lateral ‘joined up’ solutions.
Once you’ve studied our Social Innovation master's course, which you can study full time for one year or part time for two, you’ll understand your own unique value and apply your skills to transform the way in which services, organisations and businesses are configured to meet local and global challenges.
Ideal for: diverse creatives, social entrepreneurs and changemakers with a burning desire to tackle complex global issues
Entry requirements for Home/EU
First or second-class honours degree 2:1 or 2:2 (or equivalent non-UK qualifications) in a relevant subject, or an equivalent professional qualification in a related subject.
If you are applying directly from an undergraduate degree course without experience or professional practice, you must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of your chosen subject area.
Entry requirements for Non-EEA/EU
In order to be eligible for a course, you will need to be a competent speaker and writer of English. This applies whether you are from the European Union or a country outside of the EU. You need to provide us with an IELTS or equivalent English language qualification, which demonstrates a minimum of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub test) or CEFR Level B2 in each component.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Key study topics
On this MDes Social Innovation course, you will:
- Learn to effectively design and formulate creative methods to generate new solutions that will bring vision and integrity to organisations, businesses and the wider global society
- Demonstrate how social innovation operates across boundaries between sectors, organisations and traditional services
- Have the opportunity to improve civic and economic development by designing new and sustainable services, technology platforms, organisations and businesses
- Test and pilot new ideas to address fundamental problems in areas such as: inequality, health, social cohesion, the aging population, gender, race, climate change and economic development
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for UK students: £10,400
- Tuition fees for International students: £17,000
This MDes Social Innovation course in London, UK, is ideal for those interested in learning how to succeed in:
- Social action
- Community organising
- Charities and NGOs
- Corporate social responsibility
- Innovation and transformation leads
- Digital innovation
- Organisational change and development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Diversity and inclusion
Common job titles include:
- Head of Innovation
- Head of Diversity and Inclusion
- Head of Campaigns
- Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Head of Community Engagement
About this institute
Ravensbourne University London
Ravensbourne University London is an innovative, industry-focused university located at the heart of London’s newest creative community on the Greenwich Peninsula. They're champions of creativity and collaboration, dedicated to giving their learners the specialist skills and opportunities they need for...
Want to know more about MDes Social Innovation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...