About this program
MA/MSc Data Visualisation
The programme offers both MSc and MA routes through a cutting-edge range of modules in topics such as programming for data visualisation, storytelling with data and interactive visualisation. It also offers modules in business development, innovation and social responsibility, which will help you understand how your skills may be commercialised and applied to both business and other domains.
Why study this master's in data visualisation?
- Gain highly desirable skills in data visualisation
- Gain masters level skills in topics such as interaction design, and programming for data visualisation
- Gain highly desirable skills in storytelling with data and interactive visualisation
- Learn about the data security challenges faced by data professionals and the techniques they use to safeguard data
- Develop your skills in responsible innovation
- Gain business and entrepreneurial skills that will enhance your employability
- Experience a learning-by-doing approach to data visualisation
- Improve your future employment prospects
- Improve your professional network by meeting people with similar interests and different skills sets
- Be part of a tech-literate and creative community.
Ideal for: graduates and professionals with a background in computing or related fields wishing to update their skills and professional network by studying cutting-edge areas within computer science.
First, upper second-class honours degree, lower second-class honours (or equivalent non-UK qualifications) in a relevant subject, or an equivalent professional qualification in a related subject.
If you are applying directly from an undergraduate degree course without experience or professional practice, you must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of your chosen subject area.
In order to be eligible for this course, you will need to be a competent speaker and writer of English. This also applies if you are from the European Union, or if you're from a country outside of the EU.
You need to provide us with an IELTS or equivalent English language qualification, which demonstrates a minimum of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub test) or CEFR Level B2 in each component.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Key Study Topics
- Data security and privacy
- Mathematics for data analysis
- Programming for data visualisation
- Interaction design for data
- Storytelling with data
- Business development
- Innovation and responsibility
- Data visualisation in context
- Interactive visualisation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please contact the university for more information about tuition fees.
These are the types of data visualisation jobs you could potentially move into after graduation:
- Data analyst
- Data visualisation analyst
- Data interaction consultant
- Data insights analyst / developer
- UX designer
- Museum exhibition developer
About this institute
Ravensbourne University London
Ravensbourne University London is an innovative, industry-focused university located at the heart of London’s newest creative community on the Greenwich Peninsula. They're champions of creativity and collaboration, dedicated to giving their learners the specialist skills and opportunities they need for...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
East Lansing, United States of America
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain