MA Design CommunicationRavensbourne University London
MA Design Communication
All available course dates
MA Design Communication
Do you want to master user-centred design innovation and propel your career in the creative industries and further afield? Our Design Communication master's degree will enable you to produce industry-quality graphic design, marketing, social media and digital technology assets.
In a recent survey, our postgraduate courses scored 91% student satisfaction for creativity and design, and 93% satisfaction overall. That makes us second for postgraduate study in the country
Why study this Design Communication master's degree?
- See your creative visions come to life
- Tap into exceptional industry connections
- Develop your business acumen
- Establish a critical design practice
- Immerse yourself in emerging technologies and methodologies
- Respond to society and user needs to augment your design skills
- Create dynamic interacting spaces
- Study in a stunning new building in London's Design District
- Be a legacy-maker for The Institute of Creativity and Technology
Ideal for: commercially-driven creatives interested in the nature of human perception through design, communication and marketing
Entry requirements for Home/EU
First or upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualifications) in a relevant subject, or an equivalent professional qualification in a related subject.
If you are applying directly from an undergraduate degree course without experience or professional practice, you must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of your chosen subject area.
Entry requirements for Non-EEA/EU
In order to be eligible for a course, you will need to be a competent speaker and writer of English. This applies if you are from the European Union (EU) or a country outside the EU.
You need to provide us with an IELTS or equivalent English language qualification, which demonstrates a minimum of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub test) or CEFR Level B2 in each component.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Key study topics
- Experiment across design systems and communication design strategies, focusing on user-centred design thinking and production
- Explore information design systems, hierarchies, networks and spaces of experiences both physical and digital
- Create powerful ideas and utilise the best channels and tools to reach your markets and target audience effectively
- Explore advanced professional practice in contemporary communication design, from visual identity, publishing and design authorship, to marketing communications, digital marketing and social engagement
- Explore approaches to innovative communication solutions based on design thinking, systems thinking and business strategy, supported by market research, problem-solving methodologies and the application of cutting-edge technology
- Hone specialist design skills and build an in-depth understanding of emerging technologies within the digital media, creative industries and commercial and not-for-profit sectors
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for UK students: £10,400
- Tuition fees for International students: £17,000
After studying for your MA Design Communication course, you will have:
- The hands-on design thinking skills to turn creative visions into truly engaging assets
- The business and commercial acumen to reach and inspire audiences across all business, international and not-for-profit sectors
- The confidence to generate real change and influence decision making at the most senior levels
Once you've studied a Design Communication master's degree course, possible career paths include the following job titles:
- Design Planner
- Design Strategist
- Senior Innovation Strategist
- Director of Product Development
- Director of Innovation Methods
- Director of User Research
- Brand Strategist
- Director of Interaction Design
- Senior Information Architect
- Director of Strategy and New Business Development
- Digital Enterprise Strategist
- Director of Experience Design
- Senior UX Researcher and Strategist
About this institute
Ravensbourne University London
Ravensbourne University London is an innovative, industry-focused university located at the heart of London’s newest creative community on the Greenwich Peninsula. They're champions of creativity and collaboration, dedicated to giving their learners the specialist skills and opportunities they need for...
Want to know more about MA Design Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Rochester, United States of America