BA (Hons) Animation with Year 0Ravensbourne University London
BA (Hons) Animation with Year 0
All available course dates
About this program
BA (Hons) Animation with Year 0
Tutors nurture student's creative potential and support them whilst they learn the essential practical, intellectual, and transferable skills needed to confidently enter into year one. As well as developing fundamental skills students will also gain a broad grounding in their chosen specialist area, an understanding of the cultural contexts of the creative industries and the ability to develop hardware and software suitable for animation practice.
Students will normally be expected to possess five GCSEs (grade C/level 4 or above) or equivalent (including English) and also to hold at least one of the below or equivalent UK or international qualifications.
- 2 A levels, grade C or above
- 4 AS levels, grade C or above
- 2 vocational A levels, grade C or above
- Level 3 Foundation Diploma or National Diploma
- Advanced Diploma, grade C or above
- International Baccalaureate, 24 points or above
Students should ideally have a background in art, creative media, or design.
We welcome applicants who are able to demonstrate their abilities through the submission of a relevant portfolio showing their skills, abilities and suitability to the course.
When assessing if an applicant meets our entry requirements we may also consider the combination of a portfolio and academic qualifications, progress made during studies and/or relevant work experience.
For entry to Year 0 applicants are selected on the basis of:
- an applicant’s prior academic achievement/qualifications and/or previous employment/life experience;
- assessment of the applicant’s ability and aptitude to succeed on the course for which s/he has applied.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Contemporary culture
- Animation fundamentals
- Modelling to camera
- Human and creature mechanic
- Visual narrative
- Big ideas and philosophies
- Character modeling and rigging
- Animation industry
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Tuition fees for UK students: £9,250 per year
- Tuition fees for International students: £16,500 per year
Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) – BA (Hons)
Animation is an increasingly widespread form of media and good animators are becoming more sought after in film, television, VFX, gaming and the web.
About this institute
Ravensbourne University London
Ravensbourne University London is an innovative, industry-focused university located at the heart of London’s newest creative community on the Greenwich Peninsula. They're champions of creativity and collaboration, dedicated to giving their learners the specialist skills and opportunities they need for...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America