BA in PhilosophyQuinnipiac University
BA in Philosophy
All available course dates
- Philosophy cultivates critical and ethical thinking, logical argument and historical, social and global awareness. Philosophy prepares you for careers in law, policy, business and education - and inspires lifelong intellectual engagement.
- Philosophy has influenced all facets of society from law, science, medicine and government, to art, media, technology and religion. While exploring that rich and diverse history, you learn to think critically and ethically, craft a well-reasoned argument and communicate effectivelyall skills that are highly valued by employers and graduate programs.
- You learn about logic, ethics and diverse philosophies and you examine great problems of society and ongoing inquiry and how we might solve them. The research and analytical skills you develop prepare you to pursue a career as a lawyer, business leader, elected official, policy analyst, educator and much more.
- High school transcript
- A personal essay on a topic of particular meaning and interest to you that tells us who you are and speaks to your values, goals and aspirations as a student
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or someone who can reflect on your dedication and work ethic
- 4 years of English
- 3+ years of mathematics
- 3+ years of science
- 2 years of social science and foreign language
- 3 academic electives
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Philosophy Core Requirements
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Ethics
- Logical Reasoning
- Ancient Philosophy
- Modern Philosophy
- Senior Seminar
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the University website for more information.
Tuition fees: $48,680
About this institute
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational university made up of approximately 7,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students from over 60 countries. With a mission to build the University of the Future, Quinnipiac offers 150 programs and counting that will prepare...
Why study at Quinnipiac University
Bring us your ambition. We will help you unleash it. At Quinnipiac, you will find the academic excellence and individualized support needed to thrive in today's global marketplace. Our nationally recognized programs rank among the best in the country while our small class sizes allow you to form deep connections with your classmates and professors.
We are home to nine unique schools ranging from business and engineering, to education and nursing. We are also among the 2.1% of schools in the United States who are home to a School of Medicine and Law. This diversity allows you to engage in interprofessional collaboration and gain a holistic perspective on your field of study, leaving you better prepared for real-world scenarios. It is part of why Quinnipiac has been ranked as the #1 school for job placement in the United States for three straight years.
Visit the institute website to explore a full list of awards and recognitions!
Want to know more about BA in Philosophy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Knoxville, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America