About this program
- Make a difference. Tell compelling stories that inform and entertain people. Share your passion for journalism with others just like you and learn from the very best in the business. Our award-winning faculty can help you learn to write, shoot and edit like a pro on whatever platform you choose: digital, broadcast, mobile, podcast or print media.
- Journalists find sources, conduct interviews and gather the information needed to produce informative and interactive news, feature stories and documentaries for TV, podcasts, radio, mobile applications, digital and print media. You can even select a minor and choose electives to specialize in certain areas, such as sports or politics. At Quinnipiac, you'll take courses that will provide a solid foundation for reporting, writing and storytelling. We'll also teach you to become proficient with video cameras, non-linear editing and producing software in our state-of-the-art communications center.
- Quinnipiac's proximity to premier media centers in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts provides numerous internship opportunities. Many alumni work at such places as CBS News, ABC News, ESPN, the Oxygen channel, Major League Baseball Productions, NBC Universal, NBC News, CNN and Fox News. There are even internship opportunities in other countries.
- High school transcript
- A personal essay on a topic of particular meaning and interest to you that tells us who you are and speaks to your values, goals and aspirations as a student
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or someone who can reflect on your dedication and work ethic
- 4 years of English
- 3+ years of mathematics
- 3+ years of science
- 2 years of social science and foreign language
- 3 academic electives
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Required School of Communications core courses:
- Media Industries and Trends
- Visual Design
School of Communications Requirements
- Global Issues and Cultures, select two courses
- Additional courses outside of the SoC, one of which must be at the 00 level or higher
- Seminars for Success
- Communications First-Year Seminar
- Media Career Development
Required Journalism Courses
- Multimedia Production Techniques
- News Writing
- Broadcast News Writing
- News Reporting
- Fundamentals of Digital Journalism
- Senior Seminar
- Journalism Capstone
- Communications Career Internship
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the University website for more information.
Tuition fees: $48,680
Message the school
About this institute
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational university made up of approximately 7,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students from over 60 countries. With a mission to build the University of the Future, Quinnipiac offers 150 programs and counting that will prepare...
Why study at Quinnipiac University
Bring us your ambition. We will help you unleash it. At Quinnipiac, you will find the academic excellence and individualized support needed to thrive in today's global marketplace. Our nationally recognized programs rank among the best in the country while our small class sizes allow you to form deep connections with your classmates and professors.
We are home to nine unique schools ranging from business and engineering, to education and nursing. We are also among the 2.1% of schools in the United States who are home to a School of Medicine and Law. This diversity allows you to engage in interprofessional collaboration and gain a holistic perspective on your field of study, leaving you better prepared for real-world scenarios. It is part of why Quinnipiac has been ranked as the #1 school for job placement in the United States for three straight years.
Visit the institute website to explore a full list of awards and recognitions!
Want to know more about BA in Journalism? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...