Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation
Becoming Product Designer in Milan today is a recognized value on professionalism.
The Politecnico, together with its advanced production system and a top-class historic culture, creates for its master students access to this value.
Politecnico's technical and design culture, placed in Design 5th place in the world and powered by Italian design masters such as Marco Zanuso and Achille Castiglioni, is integrated with the high technology and engineering expertise in the field of production and innovative materials, feeding the tradition of excellence from the Nobel Prize for Chemistry Giulio Natta to our day.
It is a high profile professionalism the Specializing Master purpose, placing the designer and product design expert in line with contemporary technology and innovation, starting from a solid tradition on creativity and method.
The Number of Admitted Students is 20
Legacy Laurea or Diploma degree or current Laurea or specialization degree in engineering, architecture, or industrial design. Foreign students may present equivalent degrees earned abroad.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The 11 learning modules:
- Computer-aided Design (CAD)
- Processes and Criteria for Designing
- Production Processes and Methods
- Financial Evaluation of a Design
- Quality Control and Certification, Patenting
- Materials and Technologies
- Enterprise and Innovation
- Tools for Design-driven Innovation
- English Language
Workshops and Product-development Laboratory
- Workshop 1: Product Concept and Layout
- Workshop 2 and Product-development Laboratory: Design and executive development of industrial product
- Product-development Laboratory: Executive development of industrial products
Total tuition fee: €12,500
Early bird -10%
Visit the page of the Master and register by the deadline to get a 10% reduction on the tuition fee.
Deadline: 31st March 2021
The aim of the Master is to train professionals whose ability to generate ideas for new products is accompanied by technical skills and awareness of industrial feasibility.
In particular, the outgoing student will be able to:
- Be part of professional firms that collaborate in the various phases of product development, from concept to engineering
- Be part of manufacturing companies belonging to the sectors that characterize the Italian production fabric (e.g. household appliances, professional appliances, lighting, furniture, toys and products for children)
- Engage in freelance activities with enhanced interaction skills with the business world.
The professional role will be that of product designer and expert project manager, with theoretical knowledge combined with significant experiences applied to production processes.By achieving the necessary professional experience in the field, students will be able to aspire to the role of product manager responsible for new product development.
Giulio Piemonte, Specializing Master Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation Student Ambassador.
About this institute
POLI.design is based in Milan, a universally known and recognised international centre of excellence for design.
The permanent structures, cultural institutions, fairs and showrooms, publishing industry, schools, displays, exhibitions, and events that the city has to offer are numerous and contribute to creating a culturally lively and dynamic climate that can enrich professional and training courses,...
Why study at POLI.design
POLI.design is the post-graduate school in Design of the Politecnico di Milano that supports and completes the curricular paths of the School of Design, aiming at professional training and an effective insertion in the many areas of work in which the designer operates today.
It plays a hinge role between universities, businesses, organizations and institutions and professional worlds, operating in the perspective of internationalization and establishing partnerships with universities, schools, organizations, institutions, companies and companies from time to time.
Want to know more about Industrial Design Engineering and Innovation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Rochester, United States of America