About this program
This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission. The requirements for the Certificate of Achievement in Advanced Culinary Arts include coursework covering a solid foundational knowledge of the restaurant and hospitality industry. Students will prepare food for dining guests in the school’s Captain’s Table Restaurant. The coursework will help to prepare students who are interested in a professional career in the Culinary Arts.
Complete the Culinary Arts Certificate of Achievement and the Associate in Science graduation requirements as outlined in the Graduation Requirements section of the catalog. Note: this AS degree requires 69-72 units for completion.
- Unit Requirement - 60 UNITS, with at least a 2.0 grade point average. At least 12 of the units must be earned at OCC, with a minimum of one course taken for a letter grade. At least 3 units in an advanced course from the program must be completed at OCC. A student must be enrolled at the time of application for graduation. Units earned at an accredited college or university on a credit/no credit basis will be counted toward the degree requirements of the college, to a maximum of 15 units.
- Major Requirement - Complete the AA or AS major requirements as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog.
- Mathematics Requirement - Demonstrate competence in mathematics by either obtaining a satisfactory grade (grade of “C” or better or“pass”) in a mathematics course at or above the level of Intermediate Algebra as demonstrated by prior coursework, or by demonstrating competency that is comparable through the completion of a college-level math course that has Intermediate Algebra as a prerequisite: Psychology A160 or Math A100 or higher, with the exception of Math A220.
- General Education Requirement - Students may choose to complete Option 1 (OCC AA GE), Option 1 (OCC AS GE), Option 2 (CSU GE), or Option 3 (IGETC) to satisfy the general education requirement. See the General Education Patterns section of this catalog for more information.
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
- Culinary Principles 1
- Principles of Baking 1
- Introduction to Nutrition Concepts
- Sanitation and Safety
- Culinary Principles (or) Directed Practice for Culinary Arts 1 (or) Culinary Team Competition
- Food Production Management
- Dining Room Service
- Food Service Math/Accounting
- Garde Manger 1
- Culinary Principles 3
- Menu Planning and Purchasing
- Supervision and Training Techniques
- Bar Management
- Principles of Baking 2
- Directed Practice for Culinary Arts 2
- Garde Manger 2
- Ala Minute Continental Cooking
- Restaurant Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
- Students will be prepared for employment as professional and competent culinarians.
Message the school
About this institute
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College (OCC) is a 2-year community college located in Costa Mesa, California minutes from Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches. As a community college, OCC is accessible offering low-cost tuition and flexible admissions for programs leading to...
Want to know more about Culinary Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...