About this program
Students graduating with an Associate in Art History for Transfer Degree are well positioned to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in a similar major within the California State University system with 60 units of upper-division coursework. Students who complete the Art History AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum 2.0 is required for CSU admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.
The Associate in Arts in Art History Transfer Degree educates students on the history of art and its function as a global language. Courses are designed to foster an understanding of visual communication through study in context, culture, social, political, economic and religious conditions in different historical eras.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees:
- Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum GPA of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors require a higher GPA. Consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18-semester units in the major as detailed in the Degree and Certificate section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU General Education Breadth — Option 2) OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC — Option 3).
- For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Survey of Western Art from Prehistory Through Gothic
- Survey of Western Art from Renaissance to Modern
- Beginning Drawing
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
- Read,write, interpret and understand the major movements and concepts in art history.
- Conduct original research in the history of art.
- Understand the significance and application of art historical styles, Cultures, artist and relevant vocabulary in art and design.
- Students will be eligible and prepared for admission (SB 1440 and Education Code 66746) to California State University system schools.
Message the school
About this institute
Orange Coast College
Orange Coast College (OCC) is a 2-year community college located in Costa Mesa, California minutes from Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches. As a community college, OCC is accessible offering low-cost tuition and flexible admissions for programs leading to...
Want to know more about Art History? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!