Industrial Engineering and ManagementUniversidade NOVA de Lisboa - Foundation Program
Industrial Engineering and Management
All available course dates
About this program
Industrial Engineering and Management
The Undergraduate Program in Industrial Engineering and Management by Nova School of Science & Technology is a first cycle course lasting three years, under the responsibility of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. It matches to the first cycle of Integrated Master in Industrial Engineering and Management.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Industrial Drawing
- Physics I
- Chemistry C
- Mathematical Analysis II D
- Soft Skills for Science and Technology
- Physics II
- Informatics for Science and Engineering D
- Introduction to Industrial Engineering
- Technologies and Chemical Processes
- Mathematical Analysis III D
- Introduction to Materials Science and Engineering
- Physics III
- Introduction to Solid Mechanics
- Probability and Statistics B
- General Electrical Engineering
- Work Study
- Operational Research (Engineering Courses)
- Society, Sustainability and Digital Transformation
- Technologies and Mechanical Processes
- Fluid Thermodynamics
- Cost Accounting
- Quality Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Information Systems
- Automation and Industrial Control
- Engineering Economics
- Logistics I
- Industrial Engineering and Management Project
- Production Planning and Control
The teachers of the Undergraduate Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management are the same as those of the Integrated Master in Industrial Engineering and Management, with extensive experience, accumulated over more than a decade. Most of them are researchers at the Research & Development Unit for Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, a research unit of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. The research unit was evaluated by the Portuguese national science foundation and achieved the Excellent score, the highest score in the scientific domain of mechanical and industrial engineering.
Erasmus+ - Under this EU programme, students can study at a European university for up to 12 months, as part of the undergraduate programme. Studying abroad can have a positive effect on later job prospects, and is an opportunity to improve language skills, gain self-confidence and experience a new culture.
Companies - The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering maintains an excellent relationship with companies and employers, providing the immersion of students in internships and research projects, and promoting master's dissertations that often culminate in the hiring of students.
- Portuguese students: 697 €/year
- Foreign students: 7000 €/year
There are three main objectives in this Undergraduate Program:
- To offer a solid preparation in Engineering and specific knowledge in Technology and Management areas. Focus is on the design and management of production systems of goods and services that are intended to be effective, efficient, safe and sustainable, i.e. suited to the requirements of the current market.
- To award to the student a degree that allows immediate integration into the job market.
- To enable progression to more advanced cycles of studies, as the Master in Industrial Engineering and Management, second cycle of studies, also under the responsibility of the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. This Master's degree allows to develop more specific skills in Logistics, Production and Projects, Quality, Human Factors, Information Systems, Data and Decision, among others.
In all areas of activity, from the design and performance improvement of production systems of goods and services to the development of solutions within the scope of quality management, production planning, and control, work-study, logistics, process improvement, and implementation of information systems. In particular:
- Consulting and project: technological and process consulting; offices of industrial engineering projects.
- Industry: chemical manufacturing; food sector; automotive manufacturing and component suppliers; metal working; electromechanical products; machine tools; among others.
- Services: transport and communications; banks and insurance; hospitals and health facilities; airlines; logistics and distribution; project management; retailers; certification organisations
- Others: public administration; engineering laboratories; teaching and research.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - SUPERNOVA Foundation Programme
SUPERNOVA was designed for students who have recently finished high school and plan to apply to Higher Education at European Institutions. SUPERNOVA will assist students from different countries in adapting to the European education system, developing language and academic skills...
Want to know more about Industrial Engineering and Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!