Chemical and Biochemical EngineeringUniversidade NOVA de Lisboa - Foundation Program
Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
All available course dates
About this program
Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
BQBE combines both a solid background in Chemical Engineering and Biological Engineering, giving it a differentiating and comprehensive character, allowing its graduates an easy integration in various sectors of industrial activity and services.
In addition to providing excellent preparation in the fundamental sciences, BQBE cross-integrated training in chemical and biological processes will be highly advantageous to meet the enormous challenges of the technological transition to a sustainable economy. The existence of an integrating project and the execution of short internships in industrial environment facilitate the integration into the labor market at the national and international level.
BQBE graduates can also complement their training by directly entering the master's degree in BQBE[IC1] or the like, at the national level or within the European Union.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute university.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry
- Mathematical Analysis I
- Soft Skills for Science and Technology
- Introduction to Physical Chemistry
- General Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Structure and Bonding A
- Mathematical Analysis II C
- General Biochemistry B
- Physics I Q
- Informatics for Science and Engineering B
- Introduction to Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Mathematical Analysis III C
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Transport Phenomena I
- Analytical Methods
- Chemical and Biological Engineering Thermodynamics
- Transport Phenomena II
- Physics II Q
- Introduction to Molecular Genetics
- Introduction to Probability, Statistics and Operations Research
- Physical Chemistry A
- Society, Sustainability and Digital Transformation
- Numerical Analysis A
- Materials Science A
- Bioreaction Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering I
- Solid-Fluid Operations
- Chemical Reaction Engineering II
- Engineering Economics
- Separation Processes
- Practical Chemical and Biological Engineering Integration Project
- Portuguese students: 697 €/year
- Foreign students: 7000 €/year
The transition to a sustainable economy motivates a growing industrial implementation of biotechnological processes. In this context, BEQB provides comprehensive training in the areas of Chemical Engineering and Biological Engineering, ensuring high employability in the most varied sectors:
- Chemical and Biotechnology Industries (petrochemical and oil refining, natural gas processing, cement, cellulose and paper pulp, pharmaceutical and fine chemicals, food, and new materials).
- Quality control.
- Public Services and Service Companies.
- Engineering and Research Laboratories in Companies.
The future of the Chemical and Biotechnology industries depends on the innovation and qualification of human resources.
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - SUPERNOVA Foundation Programme
SUPERNOVA was designed for students who have recently finished high school and plan to apply to Higher Education at European Institutions. SUPERNOVA will assist students from different countries in adapting to the European education system, developing language and academic skills...
Want to know more about Chemical and Biochemical Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!