Cell and Molecular BiologyUniversidade NOVA de Lisboa - Foundation Program
Cell and Molecular Biology
All available course dates
About this program
Cell and Molecular Biology
The Undergraduate Program on Cell and Molecular Biology aims at explaining the basic structures and fundamental processes of life at molecular and cellular level, providing an in-depth study of concepts together with the development of advanced technological and scientific skills in Cell and Molecular Biology.
The Undergraduate Program on Cell and Molecular Biology follows the current model in other European Universities: 3 year cycle with a total of 180 ECTS (1st cycle). The first 4 semesters work towards building a solid knowledge in supporting scientific areas (e.g. biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genetics etc), which provide sufficient background to enable students to continue with more specialised courses. The last two semesters consist of more specialised classes, such as applied microbiology, immunology, virology, and toxicology.
At the end of the course, it is expected that students: i) understand the major concepts in cell and molecular biology and are able to apply the acquired knowledge; ii) have an active attitude towards problem solving and experimental design; iii) use acquired skills in a professional atmosphere (e.g. research or industry); iv) demonstrate effective use of transferable skills in oral presentation, report writing and the use of information technology
Higher Education in Portugal - International Students
General entry requirements that both Portuguese and foreign students must satisfy to apply to a Higher Education institution: Access to Higher Education (information for national and foreign students)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Soft Skills for Science and Technology
- General Biology
- Chemistry of Life
- General Mathematics
- General Chemistry
- Biology Laboratory Techniques I
- General Biochemistry A
- Informatics for Science and Engineering B
- Introduction to Biophysics A
- Probability and Statistics D
- General Organic Chemistry A
- Animal Biology
- Cell Biology A
- Fundamentals of Ecology
- Metabolism and Regulation
- Thermodynamics B
- Molecular Biology A
- Plant Biology
- Biosafety and Bioethics
- Science, Technology and Society
- Microbiology B
- Laboratory Techniques in Biology II
- Molecular Genetics A
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Genetic Engineering
- Project in Cell and Molecular Biology
- Portuguese students: 697 €/year
- Foreign students: 7000 €/year
- Further academic development - Continuation towards 2nd cycle
- Research/Academia (Portugal and abroad)
- Teaching and Research (Universities and High Schools)
- Pharmaceutical, Food and Biotechnology companies
- Health Professions (e.g. Genetics and Microbiology clinical laboratories)
- Insurance Companies
- Environmental Pollution and Bioremediation
- Biotechnology/Biomedical Consultants
Message the school
About this institute
Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - SUPERNOVA Foundation Programme
SUPERNOVA was designed for students who have recently finished high school and plan to apply to Higher Education at European Institutions. SUPERNOVA will assist students from different countries in adapting to the European education system, developing language and academic skills...
Want to know more about Cell and Molecular Biology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!