M.S. in ChemistryNortheastern Illinois University
M.S. in Chemistry
All available course dates
M.S. in Chemistry
Uncover the building blocks of matter. Enhance your career opportunities as you explore the how and why of matter.
The M.S. in Chemistry prepares students for careers in industry, business or teaching, or additional graduate work or professional studies.
There are three options:
- Separation Science Emphasis: Prepares students for careers in pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries as well as environmental laboratories
- General Program Emphasis: Prepares students to enter professional schools or to continue further graduate work
- Chemical Education Emphasis: Serves in-service middle and high school teachers who earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry and hold a teaching certification/license to become highly qualified teachers trained in advanced chemistry and pedagogical content knowledge of teaching science in secondary schools
The Department of Chemistry fosters an active research program. The department houses modern chemical instrumentation such as HPLC, FTIR, AAS, UV Visible Spectrometer, NMR, Fluorescence Spectrometer, GC-MS, AFM and ICP.
General admission requirements
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee accompanying the application. The application fee can be in the form of a check, money order or bank draft payable to Northeastern Illinois University. If paid in cash at the Student Payment Services Office, the receipt should be attached with the application package.
- Possess an undergraduate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university or recognized international college or university.
- Provide current official transcripts. Transcripts and examination scores must be official and received in an envelope sealed by the sending institution or electronically via credential third-party transcript provider. Hand-carried transcripts will be considered official as long as they are delivered in the sealed envelope. Transcripts become the property of the University and cannot be released.
- Meet the requirements of the specific program to which they are applying.
International student requirements:
- Submit application for admission with a $30 application fee to the Admissions Office. We encourage students to apply online for faster processing.
- Submit current official copies of transcripts of schools attended within the United States. All transcripts from non U.S. colleges or universities must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) sent to the Admissions Office.
- Arrange to have official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to the Admissions Office. You must pass the written version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 500 (masters admission requires 550) or you must pass the computerized version of the TOEFL test with a minimum score of 173 (master admission requires 213) or the internet based test with minimum score of 61 (masters admission requires 79). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL. An IELTS minimum score of 6 (masters admissions 6.5) is required.
- Masters applicants must also submit 2 letters of recommendation, statement of goals and objectives, and any additional documents required by the program.
- Your file will be reviewed for admission decision when the application, fee and all academic documents, such as transcripts and test scores are received. However, an I-20 will not be issued until the Requirements for I-20 Processing have been met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Core Courses in Chemistry
- Gas Chromatography
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry
- Modern Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Methods Of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Reaction Mechanisms
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Quantum Chemistry
- Reaction Kinetics
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the website for more information.
The M.S. in Chemistry prepares you for careers such as:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Agriculture or Food Chemistry
- Cosmetic Chemistry
About this institute
Northeastern Illinois University
Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) is a public university that is more than 150 years old. It attracts students and faculty from over 100 countries. Its main 67-acre campus is a welcoming oasis located in a safe residential neighborhood on the...
Want to know more about M.S. in Chemistry? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates