BA Theatre & Performing ArtsNorth Park University
BA Theatre & Performing Arts
All available course dates
About this program
BA Theatre & Performing Arts
Explore the wide reaches of human experience and culture through storytelling and production. You’ll take risks, create, innovate, and challenge yourself and your audiences as you discover your own passion for communicating from the stage. Theatre majors are actors, writers, directors, and technicians alike. You’ll engage your critical thinking and active problem solving skills while creating a piece of art that invites the world into your conversation.
At minimum, all prospective students are recommended to meet these admission standards for grade point average (GPA) and standardized test scores:
- Cumulative high school GPA: 2.75 (unweighted)
- Cumulative college GPA (transfer students): 2.5 (based on 12 or more transferable credits)
- ACT composite (North Park’s ACT code is 1098): 19
- SAT composite (North Park’s SAT code is 1556): 990
First-year students who do not meet the minimum requirements above may need to provide additional information such as an interview and/or be considered for provisional admission.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Chicago Theatre Experience
- Dramaturgy/Text Analysis
- Dramatic Writing I
- Dramatic Writing II
- World Theatre and Drama: Classical Greece and Japan
- World Theatre and Drama: English Rensaissance
- World Theatre and Drama: Modern Europe
- World Theatre and Drama: American Theatre
- World Theatre and Drama: Contemporary World Theatre
- Acting I
- Theatre Production
- Storefront Theatre Practicum: Special Topics
- Production and Stage Management
- Theatre Design: Lighting & Sound
- Theatre Design: Scenic & Costume
- Business of Theatre
- Internship in Storefront Theatre
- Two Dimensional Design
- Three Dimensional Design
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Ibsen and Strindberg
- Introduction to Performance Studies
- Philosophy of Art
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
The tuition fee for this program is $31,430 per year.
North Park’s theatre alumni are active in both stage and film productions all over the country, including at Chicago’s Barrel of Monkeys and Akvavit Theatre, at Basher Films/Prehistoric Digital in Los Angeles, and in various theatre roles in St. Louis, Mo., Chicago, Los Angeles, and Europe.
Message the school
About this institute
North Park University
Founded in 1891 by Swedish immigrants, North Park University is a small private university located in the United States third-largest city, Chicago. North Park University is an Christian, city-centered, intercultural institution that will provide students with a practical, relevant, hands...
Why study at North Park University
North Park has a health & fitness club that is at not additional cost. We also have an Office of International Affairs to ensure you can take advantage of all the benefits offered with your visa and stay in compliance.
Want to know more about BA Theatre & Performing Arts? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!