About this program
We know what law schools and the American Bar Association (ABA) look for—and it’s not a pre-law curriculum. We offer what the ABA recommends: a rigorous course of study, no matter what your major, with supportive professors. Rest assured you’ll find plenty of opportunities to pursue your legal interests outside the classroom to make your law school application stand out from the rest. Intern at our Dispute Resolution Center, serve as an editor of the Illinois State Bar Association’s ADR newsletter, join our Mock Trial team—the possibilities are endless. And when it’s time to think about law school, we’ll walk you through the preparation and application process from beginning to end.
You can also:
- Complete a minor in conflict resolution, leadership or social change and public policy through our Leadership, Ethics and Values (LEV) program.
- Join our Mock Trial team or our nationally ranked speech and debate team.
- Gain valuable experience by interning in North Central’s Dispute Resolution Center, which provides mediation and consulting services to students through its Peer Mediation Program.
- Apply for membership in the national Blue Key Honor Society, which recognizes exemplary leadership in and out of the classroom.
- Develop your personal and professional leadership skills through LEV’s iLEAD or Distinguished Leaders program.
- Apply for a Richter Grant to fund original research anywhere, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Present the findings of your research at the Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tution fee: $42,026 per year
- Private attorney
- Business owner
- United States Military JAG Corps
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
Want to know more about Law (Pre)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!