Graphic Design Degree ProgramNorth Central College
About this program
Graphic Design Degree Program
Graphic design majors plan and execute the design of visual communication according to the needs of audiences and contexts, to reinforce brand identity. Students complete the graphic design course curriculum to master a broad range of conceptual, formal and technological skills to create effective communication solutions to design problems. Students can enhance their studies with an additional major or minor, a study abroad or Chicago term, and internships. Graduates are employed in digital marketing, design services, publishing, advertising, public relations or related services industries
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Graphic Design, B.A.
- Visual Literacy
- 2D Design: Explorations in Image Making
- Digital Art and Design
- 3D Design: Form and Space
- Practicum: Design Agency
- Graphic Design I: Typography
- Graphic Design II: Methods and Materials
- Web Design
- Photography II: Digital
- Animation I: Methods and Story
- Graphic Design III
- One additional ARTD 300-level or above
- Professional Practices
- Exhibition I: Research and Development
- Exhibition II: Production and Installation
- History of Design
One of the following:
- Motion Graphics
- Social Media
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tuition fee: $42,026 per year
Graduates are employed with the following companies:
- American Auto Guardian, Inc.
- CB Jennings Elementary School
- Kansas State Football
- Neary Martin
- New Home Star
- Reflection Software
- RLD Creative
- The Design Image Group Inc.
- Dealer Inspire
- Launch Digital Marketing
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
North Central College
Want to know more about Graphic Design Degree Program? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!