About this program
As a German major, you can discover the joys of learning about a culture from the inside out. You can develop translingual and transcultural competency, participate in international working and learning communities, prepare for a career in a globalized economy and society, qualify to teach K-12 German by completing a secondary education major, and boost your résumé while you’re at it. You can share your insights into German and European history and culture by conducting research and then delivering presentations at local and national conferences and our own Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
German Studies, B.A.
German Studies Capstone
German Studies Electives
Seven credit hours from the following:
- Dictators, Terrorists and Hooligans: Sport in Germany and Europe
- War, Revolution and Chaos: Germany and Two World Wars
- Castles, Cathedrals and Culture I: German History and Identity
- Castles, Cathedrals and Culture II: German History and Identity
- Vampires, Seductresses, Villains and Misfits: German Film and the Individual
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tuition fee: $42,026 per year
Recent graduates in German include:
- International marketing
- International banking
- International business
- Cultural liaisons
- Foreign operations secretaries
- Brewery and brewer
- Communication specialists
- Hotel managers
- Directors of cultural studies program
- Travel guides
- Fulbright Scholar English Teaching Assistant
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
Want to know more about German? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...