About this program
French & Francophone Studies Major
The French and Francophone Studies major allows students the opportunity to pursue their interest in the study of French and Francophone cultures through supplementary courses while maintaining a high level of proficiency in the language.
The study of French and Francophone cultures has a number of obvious connections. This course of study incorporates elective courses from Art, Communications, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science and Religion—plus additional courses can be requested—to meet a broad of student interests.
A study abroad experience is strongly encouraged for students in French & Francophone Studies, and the multiple destinations supported by the Center for Global Education at North Central College makes this very feasible.
The choice between the French & Francophone Studies major and the French major provides North Central students with options that very few other institutions offer.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
French and Francophone Studies, B.A.
Four credit hours taught in French (FREN) at the 300-level.
French Studies Courses
French Studies Capstone Seminar
Seven credit hours from the following:
- French Monuments I
- French Monuments II
- Just Outside of Paris: Art, Literature and Life in the French Cités
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tuition fee: $42,026 per year
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
Want to know more about French & Francophone Studies Major? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!