About this program
Communication studies majors specialize in verbal messages in face-to-face settings, whether one-on-one in small groups or one-to-many. The communication studies major at North Central College will prepare you for graduate school as well as careers in law, business, higher education and other fields that require excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
Communication Studies, B.A.
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Global Media in a Digital Age
- Argumentation and Debate
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Rhetoric and Public Discourse
- Intercultural Communication
- Persuasion Theory
- Communication Theory and Research
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information
Tuition fee: $42,026 per year
Recent graduates in speech communication include:
- Management consultant
- Marketing project manager
- Financial client service associate
Message the school
About this institute
North Central College
North Central College is a nationally ranked institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just thirty minutes by train from Chicago. Our students have access to state-of-the art facilities and distinctive programs, particularly in the sciences and business. At...
Want to know more about Communication Studies? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!