Liquor legislation, wine evaluation, food and beverage matching and advanced food safety. It’s all covered in NZMA’s Level 4 New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service. You’ll even gain your LCQ (Liquor License Qualification), which will give you the leading edge when you are job hunting.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Wine evaluation
- Knowledge of viticulture and wine making
- Beer appreciation
- Advanced food safety
- Food and beverage matching
- Making and serving alcoholic beverages, specialty coffees and cocktails
- Food and beverage operations
- Working and communication in a group environment
- Liquor legislation
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I GAIN?
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4) (with a strand in Restaurant Service)
- Licence Controller Qualification
- You need to be 17 years of age
- Completed Secondary School offshore or New Zealand Year 12 or equivalent work experience
- If you are an international student, you also need to have an English level of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent with no band score lower than 5.
The following English levels are also considered as acceptable for entrance to our course:
- TOEFL 550 (PBT), 46(IBT)
- Equivalent qualifications (FCE, CAE, NZCEL, PTE, NCEA Level 3 + University entrance requirements).
- Passed an NZQA approved internal ACG English test (including NSIA and Campbell Institute) with 5.5 IELTS overall. This is only applicable for students from markets with over 80 percent visa approval. Visa approval rates are available on the New Zealand Immigration website.
- A 5.5 IELTS equivalent letter from an approved partner English school that has an approved NZQA English language proficiency assessment.
- If you are transferring/graduated from another tertiary training organisation in New Zealand you may be required to sit one of our NZQA approved internal ACG English tests.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
If you want a career in hospitality, cookery, business, contact centre, retail, construction, electrical engineering, health, plumbing and gasfitting or early childhood then you’ve come to the right place! NZMA’s wide range of vocational courses and qualifications will help you...
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.