About this program
DAAD Go-East Summer School
To show our support, New Vision University will be fully funding 10 students from Ukraine to attend our Summer School 2022. You are encouraged to apply!
Criminal law is typically a direct expression of societal values, often understood as the “legal interest” behind a respective criminal norm. As such, societal values may impact the interpretation of respective regulations. Criminal law discourses can be of interest and relevant to wider audiences, considering its social, cultural and political dimensions.
The European Neighborhood Policy, especially the Eastern Partnership, aims to economically, politically and culturally support and strengthen various post-Soviet republics and to promote a “Europeanization” strategy among these states. Hence, scholarly and analytical discussions are important and shed light on this process of transferring values, sharing norms and harmonizing regulations between countries. An obstacle in this process remains that the Russian Federation never gave up the South Caucasus countries as its own neighborhood (“near abroad”) and is embarking on a hybrid strategy of military intervention, supporting separatist movements and “frozen conflicts”, as well as promoting a “community of values” based on its own religious and political motives.
What do we offer?
- A unique interdisciplinary curriculum building on a broad social sciences perspective which will enable the participants to grasp the values of this diverse region where different interests intersect.
- The curriculum focusing on understanding criminal law and situating it in its cultural context under the guidance of the renowned experts in the field. This learning experience is intended to primarily benefit students in their pursuit of social sciences and law.
- An opportunity to share values and views between German and other foreign students, as well as students from the region, through an experimental learning approach that is based on first impressions of the realities of the South Caucasus.
As part of the agenda of the Summer School, a rich variety of social activities is planned that will immerse participants into a diverse, multicultural environment:
- An excursion in Batumi on the Black Sea coast where the Georgian Constitutional Court is located;
- Face-to-face meetings with constitutional court judges;
- An excursion to Yerevan (Armenia). At the Institute of Criminal Law of the Yerevan State University, the participants will hear about the amendments to the Criminal Code of the Republic of Armenia that recently entered into force.
The program is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Summer School welcomes BA students from all over the world enrolled in BA programs in the field of social sciences, preferably political science and law.
Please visit the course website for more information regarding the application process.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Please visit the course website for more information about the summer school's schedule.
Scholarships & funding
A limited number of DAAD Scholarships to cover transportation and accommodation expenses is available for German students currently enrolled in German universities. Interested candidates are required to apply both to New Vision University for admission to a summer school, and to the DAAD for a scholarship acquirement at the same time.
3 ECTS, the summer school lasts for 15 days and offers 30 academic hours of lectures/team work/projects and presentations. Throughout the school, students will be developing group research projects to be submitted for the final evaluation.
Language course (optional)
A course of basic Georgian is offered as part of the Summer School.
Message the school
About this institute
New Vision University
NVU aspires to create an open, innovative and collaborative environment, to ensure student engagement and serve society on a national and international scale. Upholding equal access and equity, it adheres to diverse student-centered education and lifelong learning opportunities. By collaborating...
Want to know more about DAAD Go-East Summer School? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Summer / Short course
Summer / Short course
Lacey, United States of America
Summer / Short course