MSc Cultural and Creative Industries
The MSc Cultural and Creative Industries aims to provide students with a deep theoretical and empirical knowledge of the creative/cultural industries sector. It deals with every branch of the cultural sector: music, cinema, books, the visual arts and the performing arts. It thus prepares the students to careers in the cultural/creative industries.
5 reasons to join the programme:
- Develop critical and creative thinking while feeding interest in the cultural and creative industries
- Discover an original approach focused on the art, including an aesthetic perspective, from rap music to auteur cinema and impressionism, etc.
- Build strong knowledge linking theoretical lectures based on the arts to lectures by highly qualified professionals
- Immerse into an original pedagogy using new technologies, teamwork and creativity
- Benefit from an efficient network of alumni working in the cultural industries giving life to an active community
Chat live with students from NEOMA Business School
Do you want to know what it's like to study at NEOMA Business School? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Careers in the arts are vocational and creative. We look for creative and passionate students.Undoubtedly, if you are to choose this MSc, it is essential to
- be interested in the arts
- have a critical perspective and intellectual curiosity
- 4-year Bachelor degree (Origin of the academic background : economy, business, science)
- Proof of English language ability is required during the application process (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS 6, etc.)
Recruitment is carried out on a rolling admissions basis. However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program delivers lectures that have both academic and professional backgrounds. It not only focuses on the management of the arts, but it also looks at the economic, social and cultural issues raised by the current transformation of the creative/cultural industries. This is achieved by developing strategic vision, market research skills, as well as exposure to the leading product digitalisation methods.
This 450- hour program partakes some core courses and it includes a mandatory professional experience:
- Cultural marketing and digitalization
- Strategies in the arts (arts, market and society)
- The art market in the world ;
- Music: strategies and opportunities in the digital revolution
- Majors, Independents, Globalisation: the movie industry
- The performing arts: project management and organizational agility
- Value and reputation: how to create value in arts
- Contemporary issues: the publishing industry
- Cultural policies and public cultural institutions
- Intellectual property and contracts in the creative industries
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): innovation for social change in the arts.
- Business creation thanks to NEOMA BS incubator.
Final dissertation (and oral defence)
Core courses include:
- Cultural Marketing and Digitization
- Intellectual Property and Contracts in the Creative Industries
- Majors and Independents: the Movie Industry
- Artistic Movements and Aesthetics
- The Art Market in the World
- The Music Industry: Strategies and Opportunities in the Digital Revolution
- Individual Trajectory
- Leadership Seminar
- Contemporary Issues of the Publishing Industries
- CSR and Innovation for Social Change
- Cultural Policies and Cultural Institutions Management
- Strategies in the arts: Organizations, Strategies and Aesthetics
- The Performing Arts: Project Management and Organization Agility
- Value and Reputation: How to Create Value in the Arts
- Final Simulation
- Research Proposal
- Final Dissertation
Scholarships & funding
NEOMA Business School supports and encourages the best international students to enter its programmes via an ambitious programme of excellence scholarships.
This scholarship and financial aid programme helps the best international profiles enter one of the programmes offered by the school. Determined based on the academic excellence and professional and personal achievements, the excellence scholarships aim to attract the best foreign students.
For more information about scholarships, please visit the institute website.
Upon completion of the programme, students will graduate with a Master of Science degree.
Careers to which you can aspire:
- Cinema and TV production
- Sales manager in the cultural industries
- Marketing and communication manager in the cultural industries
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Executive and administrative positions in artistic institutions (museums, foundations, theatres.)
Examples of internships or jobs:
- Product Manager Interface (TV Canal+)
- Sales assistant Co-production
- Marketing assistant international sales (Wild Bunch)
- Product manager (Centre Beaubourg)
- Category Manager (Glénat Publishing)
- Product Manager (Stock Publishing)
- Press & Communications Officer (in a museum)
- Assistant of production 3B Production
- Project manager (Firstage Productions)
- Head of Marketing (Aranametrix)
- Operations officer (Soundcharts)
- Assistant operations E-Commerce (Ubisoft)
- Chargé de mission (Fondation Culture & Diversité)
About this institute
NEOMA Business School
Established in 2013, NEOMA Business School is a French business school offering a range of academic programs. The school was formed when Rouen Business School, formed in 1871, and Reims Management School, established in 1928, were merged. The school is...
Why study at NEOMA Business School
- 150 years combined experience of delivering academic excellence in higher education
- 3 state-of-the art campuses: Reims, Rouen and Paris
- 3 international accreditations
- 9,500 students
- 100 different nationalities
- 170 permanent professors
- +62% of the faculty is international
- 1,200 professionnal teachers
- 6,800 companies
- + 200 key corporate partners
- 1 network of over 62,300 graduates
- 335 international academic partners
Want to know more about MSc Cultural and Creative Industries? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Cedar City, United States of America