Get started with Postgraduate study and pathway onto the Master of Applied Management
This programme is the first 12 months of the Master of Applied Management.
Work and world ready
- Take your career to the management level
- Learn management practices to apply in your field
- Receive quality supervision from leading industry practitioners
- Meet industry experts from a wide range of sectors
- Achieve a coursework Masters with a practical focus and industry
You will learn
- How to build a strong organisation on a large scale
- Effective ways to guide your people through change
- Techniques for managing complexity
- How to profit from current and future technologies
Pathway onto our Master programme
A student pursuing the Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Business is required to complete four core courses and two to four electives across a range of areas. Add just two terms (< six months) with a research pathway and you can graduate with a Master of Applied Management.
Applicants must have:
- An undergraduate degree from a New Zealand tertiary institution accredited to offer qualifications at this level;
- An undergraduate degree from an overseas tertiary institution, deemed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to be of equivalent standing.
- Equivalent practical, professional or educational experience.
English language requirements
IELTS: Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6
TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) - Score of 590 (with an essay score 5.5 TWE)
TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) - Score of 79 (with a writing score of 21)
University of Cambridge English Examinations - CAE or CPE with a score of 176. No less than 169 in each skill
Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PToE (Academic) score of 58
City & Guilds IESOL - C1 Expert with a score of 42
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
About this institute
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT), established in 1905, is today the northern South Island’s premier education provider of post-secondary school education through to postgraduate level. NMIT is a Category 1 ranked institution by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and...
Want to know more about Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Management (Level 8)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.