Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Study Media at Nelson Mandela
The Bachelor in Media Studies (Honours) at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa is an education programme which provides students with an in-depth knowledge of media studies.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University's postgraduate Bachelor in Media Studies (Honours) is offered on the South Campus on a full-time basis over a 1-year period. Education courses included within this programme are:
- Critical Approaches to Media Design
- New Media Cultures
- Southern African Cinema
- Culture, Philosophy and the Environment
Upon completion of the Bachelor in Media Studies (Honours), graduates are well-prepared to launch successful careers in the extensive and exciting field of media.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor in Media Studies (Honours) at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa are:
- Potential students must be in possession of a Bachelor's degree, with Media Studies as a major subject and learning in the relevant specialisation field with an average of 60% at NQF level 7.
- Students who do not possess a degree but wish to be admitted to the programme on the basis of recognition of prior learning may be given recognition in terms of the NMMU RPL policy.
- A maximum of 20 candidates will be admitted on merit, pursuant to meeting the minimum requirements for entry into the programme.
- Subject to the approval of the programme leader a maximum of two elective modules other than those specified will be credited if they are consistent with the overall purpose of the programme.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) is the largest higher education institution in the Eastern and Southern Cape. Approximately 10% of NMMU's 27,000 students are international students.The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers quality education in a vibrant, diverse environment conducive...
Location & accommodation
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is situated 260 km from Knysna and about 800km from Cape Town. Located on the South Eastern coast of Africa, this major sea port and tourist destination is set along the beautiful shores of Algoa Bay, and is fondly referred to as the Friendly Eco-City. It is known for its sunshine and safe sandy beaches. For the tourist wanting a total South African experience, Port Elizabeth...
Reviews by students
Contact information for Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Win an iPad!
Take our survey to enter the draw.
Find your perfect career!