Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign LanguageNebrija University
Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language
The official Master's Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language of Nebrija University is oriented to the practice of teaching in any current teaching-learning context, supported by Nebrija University ‘s 20+ years of experience in the training of professors of Spanish as a foreign language, both in person and online.
The master's degree responds to the growing demand for training that can be observed, for natives and non-natives who want to improve their linguistic, cultural and teaching skills, as well as graduates of degrees from other disciplines, who wish to develop professionally as SFL professors and do not have prior knowledge of the language and its didactics.
- Have an official Spanish university degree or one issued by an institution of higher education of the European Higher Education Area that grants access to Master's degrees in the country issuing the degree.
- The graduates of educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area may access without the need for the homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that they grant access to postgraduate education in the country issuing the degree. The access through this path will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the interested party's prior degree, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's program.
- In the case of students with special educational needs derived from disability, the need for possible curricular adaptations, itineraries or alternative studies will be assessed.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Uses and functions of Spanish
- SFL learning processes and strategies
- Methodological approaches to teaching SFL
- Designing communicative language activities
- SFL course and class planning
- Teaching skills and SFL classroom management
Oral and written communication strategies in Spanish
Teaching lexical competence
Pronunciation, intonation and spelling in SFL
SFL teaching for specific purposes
Teaching SFL to children and adolescents
Analysis and creation of SFL teaching materials
- Teaching grammatical competence
- Pragmatics and intercultural competence
- Virtual learning environments and digital resources
- Practicum in specific professional settings
Cultural references and sociocultural behaviors of the Spanish-speaking world
Correcting, assessing and self-assessing in SFL
Teaching SFL to Chinese speakers
Teaching SFL to speakers of neighboring languages
CLIL methodology in the teaching of SFL
Culture in the classroom: literature, cinema, music and media
- Final Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Face-to-Face Learning:€ 6,950
Distance Learning: € 6,300
- Have and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Apply acquired knowledge and problem-solving skills in new or unfamiliar environments in multidisciplinary contexts related to your area of study.
- Integrate knowledge and deal with the complexity of formulating judgements based on information that, while incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities associated with such application.
- Learn how to communicate the final conclusions and their supporting reasons to specialised and non-specialised audiences in a clear way.
- Acquire learning skills to continue studying in a self-directed or autonomous way.
- Understand the theories, linguistic models and didactic methodologies of Spanish as a foreign language (SFL).
- Understand the specific problems of teaching Spanish as a foreign language, both linguistic and cultural, that are typical of the different learning environments.
- Be able to assess the most appropriate methodological options for the different teaching and learning contexts of SFL, taking into account the different factors involved in the process.
- Design proposals for didactic and intercultural intervention in the area of Spanish as a foreign language, taking into account the needs of the target audience and their learning and use of the new language.
- Carry out a critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas that allow for autonomy in training and continuous updating of knowledge in the field of SFL didactics.
- Project the social and cultural values of the Spanish-speaking world, according to the current multilingual and multicultural society, showing the richness of the linguistic varieties of Spanish.
- Describe and classify psycholinguistic processes and individual and contextual factors.
- Understand the different variables of the teaching / learning / assessment process of SFL, from the student's perspective, their communicative needs and the learning processes.
- Be conversant with the reference documents of the regulatory institutions of foreign language teaching and their application to programme design.
- Develop and apply didactic methodologies and teaching strategies in Spanish.
- Assess, select and use written and oral texts of different genres and type, suitable for the development of linguistic proficiency and familiarity with the socio-cultural context of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Create, select and adapt didactic materials for the teaching of SFL and develop didactic activities based on these materials.
- Evaluate both linguistic and socio-cultural content in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Manage multilingual environments, with special attention to the current intercultural situation (migrations, relations between countries, etc.).
- Communicate fluently and correctly at C1 level of CEFR in Spanish.
- Use specialized terminology in the field of SFL teaching.
This programme offers the student the possibility of designing his or her own learning itinerary according to their training needs and professional interests, always with personalised academic guidance. Its powerfully practical nature, the experience and prestige of the teaching staff, the internship agreements with SFL teaching centres from all over the world, and university extension activities, which are benchmarks in the field of SFL, favour the international employability of our graduates.
About this institute
We are Nebrija University, a pioneer institution in educational innovation. At Nebrija University, we offer a personalized, innovative, international and professional projected education, so that our students will become the answer to the new work profiles in demand. We are...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Schenectady, United States of America