Master's Degree in Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign LanguageNebrija University
Master's Degree in Linguistics Applied to the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Linguistics Applied to the teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language
Spanish is more than a language. It is culture, art, tradition, values and a way of thinking and experiencing the world. With this program you will have the necessary tools to research and teach SFL.
Pioneer program in the training of SFL professors with a research orientation, supported by over 20 years of Nebrija University's experience in this area and personalized attention for students, which is characteristic of our University.
The high employability rates of our graduates in reference institutions in the area of Spanish teaching prove the quality of the training program.
External recognition of the quality of the Final Research Project: three ASELE awards (Association for the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language).
- Have preferentially taken an Undergraduate Degree in Philology, Applied Languages, Linguistics, Translation and Interpretation, Communication, Teaching in a Foreign Language or Education Sciences.
- EIn case of having an Undergraduate degree from other areas of knowledge, previous professional experience in teaching Spanish or teaching other foreign languages will be valued, as well as the candidate's multilingual competence.
- In all cases, the Admission Test will be a requisite to guarantee basic skills.
- Candidates whose native language is not Spanish must accredit a level of linguistic proficiency of the Spanish language of at least B2, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Council of Europe).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Sociolinguistics and Pragmatics
- Psycholinguistics and Interlanguage
- Methodological approaches for teaching SFL
- Research methodology in Applied Linguistics
- Development and integration of communication skills
- SFL pedagogical grammar
- Grammar, meaning and sense
- Design and programming of courses
- Research design and data analysis in Applied Linguistics
- Discursive competence and textual genres
- ICT applied to the teaching of SFL
- Practicum en entornos profesionales de ELE
- Transfer of research results
- Certification evaluation in SFL
- Analysis and production of teaching materials
- Creatividad y teoría literaria aplicada a la enseñanza de ELE
- Edición de materiales didácticos de ELE
- Final Research Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Cost of tuition: € 6,350 per year
- Autonomously consult the sources of information and documentation specific to the area of knowledge of Linguistics applied to language teaching, select and organize them, in order to incorporate new knowledge.
- Apply to new or unfamiliar environments, within broader or multidisciplinary contexts, those concepts, principles, theories, models and methodologies related to the different fields of linguistics applied to the teaching of foreign languages, relevant to the field of Spanish language.
- Properly and with originality develop motivated arguments and formulate reasonable hypotheses in the field of language teaching, psycholinguistics and sociolinguistics.
- Issue judgments based on criteria, external norms or personal reflections, although such judgments may be based on incomplete or limited information. These judgments will include reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Publicly present ideas, procedures or reports of research projects, design and innovation, for which it will be necessary to achieve a sufficient command of academic and scientific, written and oral language.
- Design and generate intervention proposals -didactic, linguistic, intercultural- taking into account the needs of the recipients and the contexts of language learning.
- Develop learning skills that allow self-directed or autonomous training and research.
- Express a positive attitude towards the fundamental rights of people and democratic values, in cooperative learning and in respect for research and scientific ethics.
- Enrich and apply their knowledge in the specific area of Linguistics Applied to teaching Spanish to non-native speakers.
- Critically analyze your experience in the classroom, according to the new learning models.
- Apply the knowledge acquired to the academic activity in the field of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Know and experiment research methodologies appropriate for the questions and hypotheses raised in their teaching specialty, the design of teaching materials, management and programming and the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
- Innovate in the design of instruments and resources for evaluating the different individual and contextual variables that affect the process of acquiring communicative linguistic competence.
- Manage plurilingual learning environments with special attention to the current intercultural situation (migrations, relations between countries, etc.) that generates constant situations of multilingual and pluricultural communication.
It responds to a high demand for specialized professionals in the field of Spanish:
- Designers and publishers of general and specific teaching materials for non-native Spanish speakers.
About this institute
We are Nebrija University, a pioneer institution in educational innovation. At Nebrija University, we offer a personalized, innovative, international and professional projected education, so that our students will become the answer to the new work profiles in demand. We are...
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Carson, United States of America
Carson, United States of America