Master’s Preparation QualificationsNCUK
Master’s Preparation Qualifications
All available course dates
About this program
Master’s Preparation Qualifications
Our range of Master’s Preparation qualifications will fully prepare you for a master’s degree at a world-class university. Whether you are looking for a short Master’s Pre-Sessional course or a longer Master’s Preparation course, our qualifications will equip you with the necessary academic and English language skills to get into your chosen university and help you succeed once you get there.
Benefits at a glance
- Designed exclusively for international students
- Recognised by leading universities in the UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Choose from over 2,500 master’s degrees in a wide range of subjects
- Improve your English language ability and enhance your academic skills
- English for Academic Purposes module is recognised for visa purposes at NCUK Universities
- Gain valuable master’s degree practice including group work and research skills
- A unique application service: submit one application to NCUK and we’ll apply to universities on your behalf
What is a Master’s Pre-Sessional?
Delivered over 10 weeks, the Master’s Pre-Sessional is a short course designed for international students who want to improve their English language and academic study skills to ensure they are fully prepared for a master’s degree at a UK, Australian or New Zealand University.
During this course, you will study a range of modules that will equip you with the essential skills needed for a master’s degree. You will enhance your research skills by learning to effectively source and evaluate information, undertake a literature review to enhance your academic skills, and learn to manage roles and responsibilities by working as part of a group.
By completing the Master’s Pre-Sessional, you will have the confidence to succeed in your master’s degree.
What is Master’s Preparation?
Similar to the Master’s Pre-Sessional, the Master’s Preparation course will improve your English language, academic study skills, and experience of working in a project group but will also give you the opportunity to complete a 5,000 word dissertation. Being able to formally undertake a practice dissertation before starting your master’s degree gives you chance to understand what is required whilst also improving your research and academic writing.
Depending on your English language level (see entry requirements below), you will either study our Master’s Preparation over 20 weeks, or Master’s Preparation (Enhanced) over 30 weeks.
This course will fully prepare you for a master’s degree at a UK, Australian or New Zealand University and will equip you with the key tools to succeed first time.
Scholarships & funding
There are three categories that students can apply for with different criteria necessary for students to address in order to submit their application:
- NCUK Values Award – Students who are interested in applying for the NCUK Values Award will need to evidence skills that they have developed during their NCUK qualification (such as teamwork, independent critical thinking, selflessness, communication etc), as well as any extra-curricular activities, and how they are going to apply these skills when transferring to university.
- NCUK Future Leaders Award – Students who are interested in applying for the NCUK Future Leaders Award will need to evidence their leadership skills and/or how they plan to utilise their degree for positive change in the future.
- NCUK Inspire Award – Students who are interested in applying for the NCUK Inspire Award will need to evidence what studying abroad means to them and how studying with NCUK has helped them in their study abroad journey.
Six NCUK Scholarships will be available (two winners per category) with each winner being awarded £1,000.
Our Master’s Degree Pathway qualifications are trusted by universities worldwide. Whether you complete Master’s Preparation or Master’s Pre-Sessional qualifications, you will gain access to more than 30 leading universities in the UK, Australia and New Zealand such as The University of Manchester, The University of Sheffield, The University of Auckland, the University of South Australia and more!
Message the school
About this institute
NCUK is a pathway qualification provider dedicated to giving international students access to some of the best Universities across the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA and the Caribbean. By completing an NCUK qualification, students can gain guaranteed* entry onto...
Want to know more about Master’s Preparation Qualifications? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!